20 Years Old - Open Rhinoplasty - London, GB

For years I have been self conscious and insecure...

For years I have been self conscious and insecure about my nose. I felt it was too big for my face and I especially hated my side profile.
I browsed the Internet and came across Harley Medical Group. I read the reviews and looked at people's before and after photos and was impressed so I decided to book a consultation at the Birmingham clinic (UK).
At my consultation, which was in April 2015, I explained what I didn't like about my nose, and discussed prices, procedures etc.
A few weeks after that, I paid my £500 deposit over the phone and booked my appointment to meet the surgeon, Mr Ivo Gwanmesia.
In May 2015, I met with him and discussed my nose. He was a very friendly man, listened to what I wanted and gave me realistic expectations. So I decided to go ahead with surgery in August 2015. I was told my rhinoplasty would be performed in London at the Welbeck Hospital.
On the day of surgery I was taken to theatre around 5pm and the procedure was finished by around 8pm (I believe). I stayed in the hospital over night and went home to Birmingham the next morning.
The first few days after my surgery were not very pleasant obviously due to the splints and bandages on my nose and face, bruising and swelling limiting my sight, I had a constant headache and felt dizzy. The bruising around my eyes went down quickly as I was taking arnica pills and using the arnica cream.
When I had the splints off (6 days after my surgery) I did not recognise myself I was still very swollen and bruised and my nose looked and get very weird and different.
During recovery my nose felt very pointy and looked upturned which made me panic a little, however I was told this is normal and would eventually go down and the tip would drop, which it did.
Currently I am 11 weeks post op, and I'm ecstatic with my result so far.
London Plastic Surgeon

Mr Gwanmesia was extremely friendly and calming each time I have met with him. He discussed my nose with me at my consultation and listened to what I didn't like about it. He gave me realistic expectations. On the day of my surgery he talked me through the procedure and what he was going to change about my nose. After my surgery he visited my room and made sure I was ok, and informed me that the surgery was a success and again explained the procedure he had performed. He has done a fantastic job, He did exactly what I asked for and has been great throughout the process. He gave me a lot of information about after care which helped me tremendously, and has answered any questions I've asked since having my surgery. At my follow up appointment, 2 months after my surgery, I met with Mr Gwanmesia and discussed my results. Again he was easy to talk to, very friendly and helpful. I would recommend anybody considering rhinoplasty to visit his website at www.ivogwanmesia.com and look at the results he has achieved!