Revision Rhinoplasty using Rib graft with Dr Ion

Hi , I'm considering revision rhinoplasty after a...

Hi , I'm considering revision rhinoplasty after a primary operation meant to correct my deviated septum and broken nose (fall) left my nose botched with a wide and droopy drip and general assymetry . So far I've had a consult with Dr Lucion Ion and may consult some other doctors bettor making up my mind . I found Dr Ion to be very knowledgeable and realistic about what could be done or not . I was advised that he might need to use rib cartilage but he would know that once he opened up the nose (????) He did some morphs for me which I'll upload soon . However , I still want some changes in the morphs mainly the frontal view . He didn't want to make more changes as he wanted me to have a realistic idea of what the end result might be instead of over promising something he could not deliver . I understand and respect that but I feel that if I'm going down the route and spending over £9k (ouch!) I would get a more aesthetic result . I'm going to be booking another consult with him soon and also want to consider other good revision surgeons (although so far my research has led my to believe that Dr Ion is one of the best ) . I've heard mixed review about DR Julian De Silva so I'm not sure if I should consider him . Has anyone heard of Dr Alex Kardis?

Finally booked surgery with Dr Ion

So, I just paid the deposit and booked the surgery at the end of May 2017. After the reviews on this forum , my own research and the consultations with Dr Ion, I'm optimistic that he can fix the previous disastrous rhinoplasty I had over a decade ago when I was just 18. I will start uploading pictures soon . After two consultations with Dr Ion , I am very optimistic that he knows what he is doing . I'm happy with the side morphs we agreed on after some changes to the original morph. But I still want changes to the front to make it look slimmer and more refined . The morph Dr ion did of the after was an improvement over my current front view but since I am going to to the expense and pain of a revision, I might as well strive for the best outcome possible . Will start uploading pictures shortly. Would love your opinion on the morphs/ alternative .

A little apprehensive

Hi everyone , a lot of you have been asking me to pm you my pictures . I'm a very private person so I've been a little apprehensive about putting them up . But so many of you did and that really helped me in my decision to get a revision na to choose Dr Ion . So I'm going to be putting mine up but wanted to edit out the eyes /lips . I was just going to put a sticker on the eyes but I want people to be able to see the nose clearly . Is there any app that I can use for that?

Pictures

Hi guys . So after much thinking , I have decided to put up my pictures , albeit concealing my eyes and lips . I'm a very private person so I don't want my pictures showing up elsewhere which is a concern some people here told me about . The main reason I'm putting up my pictures is because it really helped me when others put theirs up and showed me before / after and progress . So here goes .
The first one is my before front , then my before left profile . The third is after front and the following two are morph 1 and morph two .

Although in the front morph Dr ion has made a lot of improvement , it still looks a bit deviated and I want it to be slightly slimmer and more defined . Regarding the two side profile morphs

Pictures

For some reason the pictures didn't upload and neither did the rest of my update !
Regarding the left profile , the first is the one Dr ion proposed and the second is the one he changed after I wanted a slimmer too. But now I think it's too long and prefer the first one . What do you guys think ? Also , any suggestions / pictures for my gent profile . I'm trying to show some pictures to Dr ion for the front but can't seem to find any that look like an improved version of mine . Any help would be appreciated ! Thanks :)

Just a month to go! Fees paid ???? but getting nervous .

So I just paid Dr Ions fees over the weekend . Still waiting for the hospital and anaesthetic doctor to send me their fees . Getting very nervous and excited at the same time . Nervous as I'm worried about the pain and swelling side of things . And excited as this is the first step in correcting the botch made by my previous surgeon over a decade ago . I've been having Bimuno since a month and will be starting arnica and bromelain from tomorrow . Will be getting my surgery supplies this week so please feel free to tell me anything I might need . I've used this list one of the ladies put up recently as its quite thorough. I also have a pre op consult with Dr Ion in two weeks . I'll be asking him to refine my front morph a little bit and some dos and don't .

Final pre-op consult

So I had my final pre - op consult with Dr Ion today . Feeling so relieved . I did have to wait around 35 minutes (not much considering I have waited longer ) but spend a good 40 minutes discussing my final morphs . He seemed a little pressed for time but he still went over everything in detail with me . I hadn't been very happy with my front morphs and I showed him some pictures of a realistic nose that could be achieved . We discussed the limitations and he told me that the result I was achievable . He also took more pictures and showed me the final result - it could still do with more refinement , but honestly I just want all the issues with my nose to be resolved while still looking like me . Dr ion assured me that although he couldn't guarantee the final result but it could potentially be better as the morphing software had limitations . I will up load the picture once I'm home (it's in a USB) . He was very understanding of what I wanted vs what was realistic . So I'm finally relieved as I think we are on the same page :)

Final morph -12 days to go !

Hi guys - this is the final morph . What do you guys think ? Dr Ion said that more improvements will be made but compared to my originals, this is a vast improvement . It's all feeling very real now . Getting excited but very nervous at the same time

Final morph

Nose slimmed down , bridge narrowed and tip asymmetry corrected .

Just 3 more days to go. Getting very nervous

I got a call from Dr Ion's office today by one of his lovely assistants to let me know that I will be called the day before the procedure to discuss pre-operation instructions. The lady also told me that the hospital wanted to schedule my surgery at 7am even thought the original time was 10 am . However, I am travelling into London early that morning and it's a 2 hour drive so I said that I couldn't make it any earlier than 9am . So now the surgery is scheduled for 9am . It was a little annoying and I've emailed her (she was very helpful!) to ensure that nothing on the day is rushed . After paying so much money, there is no way that I expect anything else than a good service . Anyhow , I'm starting to get very nervous now . I thought I was prepared emotionally - but now I'm very apprehensive . What if something goes wrong ? What if once he opens me up there's a whole mess inside that he can't resolve ? I've read all positive reviews about him except for one of two odd ones about post op infection and prolonged swelling , but I'm getting a little anxious . Need some positive messages and reassurances !!

Surgery done

Hi everyone . I'm still at the hospital in my room so writing this to update all of you especially those who have their procedure over the next couple of days . So my surgery was at 9 - I was in London by 8.15 but it took ages to find the hospital (people on the streets didn't know exactly where it was ) but after speaking up the hospital itself (the lady wasn't very good at guiding me bless her !) and another helpful pedestrian , I walked in about 15 minutes early . I had to fill in a questionnaire and then was whisked into my room where they took my weight and blood pressure and made me sign more forms . I met with the anaesthetic, my nurse and Dr Ion who put me right at ease . He went over everything meticulously and told me he would do his best to achieve the results but it may not yield 100% results . We went over my morphs and just finalised everything we agreed in the last consult . He explained all risks to me and basically indirectly prepared me for the good and bad . He is such a little very man though and genuinely cares and wants to ensure that he tries to achieve what you want . Anyhow was wheeled off to the operating room , given anaesthesia and then I don't remember anything . Woke up feeling woozy and a little bunged up but not in to much pain . The rib area was sore but I was given plenty of drugs to make me comfortable . They kept me in the recovery room for about 2.5 hours as my blood pressure was very low although I didn't feel too bad . Really had to pee though and they offered a bed pan as the nurse couldn't take to the loo me until later . So I sucked it in !! Had a big wee after they let me go from the recovery room . Went to the room , had a coffee and then a nice lunch . Nurse kept an eye on my blood pressure and pain . Changed the bandage under my Jose (it was bleeding and had some blood in my spit but nothing to worry about . They've briefed me about my medication and essentially in ga to go . Just changed and am waiting for my husband . Have a two hour drive home (missing my son! - who can't be near me lol ) . Sorry rushing through the note note as I'm tired . Will put up some pictures and update once I'm ready . Will answer private messages later too . Oh dr Ion told me a few things I forgot to mention . He said my nose was a bit of a mess after my primary , missing cartilage , broken bone , and lots of fat (caused by my rubbish primary surgery in which bled a lot . ) . He said my nostrils needed support / graft too and my left nostril had scar tissue inside so it maybe asymmetrical after this (won't know until a few weeks ) but that can be correct later . Okay guys that's all I remember . I'm going to rest now and head home . Will post an update when I can !

Pictures

Hi everyone posting some pictures (sorry I'm still using filters to conceal identity but trying to show as much as I can to help others ) post op I wasn't very swollen although a couple of hours later my right eye was slightly swollen and mild bruising under the eyes . It's my first day post op today and have next to no bruising and can't see much swelling due to the cast . I'm not sure it's because the swelling is hidden due to the cast or low as I've been having bromelain , arnica and pineapple juice .
London Plastic Surgeon