40yr Old Asymmetry - London, GB

Since puberty my self esteem was very low as my...

Since puberty my self esteem was very low as my breasts didn't develop properly. I shied away from sports and was terrified of the summer time when I had to wear less. Finally, I gathered the courage to seek help. After visiting 2 other surgeons that i didn't feel good about, I met Ms Jemec. I needed two operations, 1 to insert a bag on the undeveloped side that was slowly inflated over a few months with saline, and a 2nd operation to exchange it for an implant and for reconstruction and lift on the other side. The procedure was harder/longer than I had initially thought, but the results are very good. I was so asymmetric, I needed a 650cc implant just to even up! During healing, I had some infection on one side which has caused some scarring. I am due to get this seen to later this year.

Update

So some time has passed and I'm starting to think about getting the scarring repaired, but I'm a little worried about the healing as it was so difficult the first time, as I had infection. I'm not sure what to do

Ms Jemec has been amazing throughout, she was very clear about what to expect from the beginning and carefully explained all the pros and cons of going ahead with it. During the process and after, she has remained in contact and I have felt able to contact her with any worry at any time. While I was healing I would email her with photos to ask if various things were normal. She was very patient with me and always replied to my emails making me feel supported and calmer. Looking back at the whole experience, I'm so happy that it was with Ms Jemec. She's amazing, she has changed my life.