7 Months Post Opt ……thinking of removing !!- United Kingdom, GB

I'm turning 31 on jan 5th and last year may I...

I'm turning 31 on jan 5th and last year may I decided to have my breast done. I've breast fed my two babies and hated the way my breast looked after, the first time I thought about this was around 8 years ago. So I have thought about this for ages and done my research. 7 months in and I've found a lump in my left breast, I have tingling all over my body. I feel so alone and so scared. I can't afford anything right now, and don't want an explanation but also don't want to feel like this. I would like a breast buddy to meet with as this experience can be so lonely. My surgeon came highly recommend here in the UK and I know of people that have used him. Is my body rejecting the implant ??? Anyone going through the same problem that wants to talk then I would love to. I'm from London (UK )

Saw my doc yesterday

So I haven't been sleeping very well as my symptoms had gotten worse, I had burning in my hands and feet and dizzy spells. So i went to see my doc yesterday and told her all my symptoms, my blood pressure was 165/90 i think which is not good coupled with low platelets. So I left feeling even more worried than before…. I will be seeing my PS on thursday who will hopefully be giving me a breast examination. I guess i will take it from there, i am hopeful i'll be fine but am still thinking strongly about an explantation.

I think I'm finding it so hard because I don't have a lot of family support right now so feeling somewhat lonely. I'm sure I'll find a peace soon x

Appointment no help

so I saw Dr Khan yesterday at transform, I explained that the lump in my left breast has not gone away and was also causing me pain. Both breast are very achy and just don't feel pleasant, I told him that he done a amazing job but I was just worried. I also mention that my GP told me to go back and get an examination from him.

Well he felt my breast push on the lump and said they were fine, he then said he is getting over a sore throat and had glands come up in his neck? this was not helpful and it felt like he was being patronising. He said he would do a scan but said he was 99% sure i'm fine and that I would have to pay for it not to mention it is only something like 95% accurate and may not show anything. I explained my symptoms which are similar to autoimmune disease, I have a fever on and off too. but again he pretty much said its in my head. I started to feel very distress at this point as I felt like know professional cares, I started to put my clothes on as he kept talking and I just replied ….yes ok to everything. I was feeling really ill and confused.

I asked him that if there was a problem like a rupture or something how much would it cost to remove them. I kept very polite and paid compliments to his work but this did not help, he became a little abrupt with me and said he did not know how much. If I was to get them removed I would look awful and horrible and he quickly dismissed that idea. Instead he said all the women was happy with his work (bear in mind, I never said I wasn't) and only one or two come back complaining and most of them have psychological problems. He said made I can't handle having bigger breast and I need to speak to someone or maybe i'm depressed (wow).

This was a lot to take in, I wish I had recorded it and will record in the future. I am so tired, confused, upset, and thinking how will I afford anything. I feel so guilty about doing this to myself but keep trying to stay positive.

I will be going back to my GP to ask for a MRI which she was reluctant about and said I should see my surgeon as after all "you paid all that money" …..but he has said to go back to my GP????????

I have 3 years aftercare with transform but if this is what it means then omg!!!

I'm sure i'll have something positive to say next time….just wanted to say DR Khan did do a good job but I feel he could of handle me better. I went in not wanting any trouble just advice.

First day

In the first week

32a/b to a 32DD, I'm a size 8 so felt they were too big for my frame

4 months

Still riding high and look stuck on lol

So this is where I am

So after seeing that horrible surgeon, I mainly said in crying. My doctor but my symptoms down to stress as I have recently separated from my partner of 10 years, my blood pressure continued to rise. I was experiencing hair loss and joint pain along with the other symptoms, my doc thinks I'm depressed ! I don't think I am, only with the way I'm feeling. I am 31 but I feel more like 80, my family are noticing a real difference in me as I stay in most of the time, my kids are the only thing keeping me going.

I've been back and forth to my docs who is treating me for raynaurd's ? She has done loads of blood test and they have come back negative which is good but my doc now thinks most of the things are related to stress, I'm not convinced. I have a hospital appointment tomorrow at the breast clinic to check out this lump. Hopefully everything will be fine, my joint pain is getting worse but going to work is actually helping me keep busy and happy as I work in a school with energetic children lol.

I've done some research on explant but I'm not going to lie I am pooing my pants at the thought. I have spoke to my doc about it and I am trying to save at the same time. I know I should go back to my surgeon but feel to weak to put up a fight.

Right now I'm feeling more positive most days, before there was apart of me that wanted to keep these things as I am scared of surgery, recovery and outcome. But I miss being healthy, I miss dancing around with my little ones and not getting out of breath or burning.

All you women are so brave and I no I will need to be too x

So I'll keep u updated.....spk soon
Dr Khan

Dr Khan is a very good surgeon and was very popular. He is quick witted but has little time to see patients. I saw him about four times before my opt as I was so nervous and he answered all my questions. I will be going back to him with this problem so I'll keep you updated.