Neck Lift (Male), Local Anesthesia - Livingston, NJ

I was a bit nervous about having this procedure...

I was a bit nervous about having this procedure done while awake with only local anesthesia, but was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to handle. I was given a Xanax before heading to the operating room in Dr. Mesa's new suite at the St. Barnabas Ambulatory Center in Livingston, NJ, and it was enough to put me in a very relaxed state. I equate it to being at the dentist's office: I could feel vibrations, pulling and hear sounds, but felt no pain at all. I was so relaxed that I actually fell asleep at one point during the 3-hour surgery and woke myself up by snoring.

It has only been a month since my procedure, but so far I am VERY happy with my results! I still have some swelling and was told that will take up to 3 months to go down completely, but even now it looks great! Dr. Mesa's technique left me with very little bruising compared to others I have seen who had the same surgery. He and his assistant, Christina, are very professional, supportive and attentive, and took great care of me before, during and after my procedure. I am 55 years old and already been told I look 35 to 40 now by many friends and family! I couldn't be happier!

If you're thinking about this type of surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Mesa! I did a lot of research before my initial visit with him and I am so happy I found him!

When I am fully healed I will post "before and after" photos.
Dr. John Mesa