Lower Body Lift, Breast Lift &Aug After 100+ Lb Weight Loss - Littleton, CO

I was an obese teen and lost over 80 pounds when I...

I was an obese teen and lost over 80 pounds when I went to college. Throughout my 20s and early 30s I lost and mostly maintained a loss of another 20-30 pounds. Every day for almost 18 years, the thought of having skin removal surgery and a breast aug has crossed my mind. Throughout the years I have been on 8 separate consultations in two different states. For one reason or another, the timing of surgery and things in life never lined up. Sitting here almost three weeks post op, I'm confident saying that everything truly happens for a reason. Finding my surgeon and his team to complete my procedures is one of the best strokes of luck I have encountered in life and was well worth the wait. I'll go into that more in the doctor review portion. Just looking to share my success story and tell anyone that will listen that YES - this experience has definitely been worth the wait. It's worth the wait, the time, pain, monetary investment, all of it. I'm not quite 3 weeks into recovery, but I couldn't be happier with my experience and my results thus far. I cannot wait to get healed up and back in the gym to run, do burpees, mountain climbers and everything else without my loose skin flapping against itself anymore! And not having to shop and dress around a "front butt" and pancake boobs is just icing on the cake that I am so looking forward to when I get healed up.

A few more pictures

Just going through my photos and thought I'd post a few more, although now they are all out of sequence...I'm 3 weeks post-op and can't wait to start feeling normal again!

Pics

Having issues with my photos uploading...

My first real bikini

3.5 weeks post op. Bought my first ever real bikini today and went to the pool(just dangled feet) with my family. Monumental! ????

"Before" pocturea

Just for the record, these are a few pictures of me when I was my heaviest in high school. Over 300 pounds. And a few of flappy skin right before surgery

6 weeks post op

Well I'm 6 weeks out and feeling pretty great, considering the drama my body has been through. I went back to the gym at 3.5 weeks post op. I'm feeling strong and healthy. It'll still be several weeks until I'm back to regular capacity, and I'm not running at all, but lifting, rowing, arc trainer, some calisthenics...mid section is still tigh, lower back gets swollen every day with activity. Thighs are still a bit sore from the lipo. Boobs have never given me any issues and they are settling in and looking good. I'm actually traveling for work this week and overall have been able to be up and on the move plus working out in the morning all week so overall recovery is going really well. I'm using mederma on my scars and mederma with sunscreen when I'm in a bathing suit and pool side. I'll be thrilled when the swelling subsides...it really is hell. All things in good time. Going for my "6 week" post op appt next week at 7 weeks when I get back to town. Taking ibuprofen once or twice a day as needed. Overall hoppy with progress so far!

9 weeks post op

Feeling great. Still not 100%, but working things out at the gym, listening to my body and getting my full range of motion and strength back little by little. Despite having a great diet and drinking lots of water, I'm still struggling with some swelling in the lower back. This is probably going to continue for some time so I'm just trying to be patient. Otherwise, everything is awesome. Enjoying the early results and utility of a normal body without all the extra skin!

4 months post op

I'm about four months post op and have been doing really good. The swelling really stays at bay for the most part, and my range of motion with my mid-section is basically back. I ran for the first time and still experience some discomfort with "bottoming out" with each stride but it is definitely get better with time. Luckily I've worked around the lack of running in the gym these past three months and have really enjoyed he running break. I have had a little trouble with a nerve in my groin area that comes and goes. It feels like acid has been poured on my skin when it is tweaked. Talked to my surgeon and he gave some possible reasons for this and ways to remedy as the area continues to heal. All in all, great procedure, great doc, great outcome so far. I couldn't be happier...and that six pack is going to be mine before we know it. :)
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Slenkovich has the eye of an artist with the education and experience to do amazing things through surgery. I'm not quite 3 weeks post-op(read: still swollen and healing) from a body lift/contouring & breast lift/aug surgery. Already, I can't believe the shape and contours of my "new" body. He unveiled my true shape that has been hiding under loose skin after massive weight loss and maintenance for the better part of 2 decades. He and his team are professionals, but feel like old friends at the same time. Ari & Pam happen to be two of my favorite people right now. :) Over the years I've done endless research and consulted with 7 other docs. I'm absolutely confident no others had the vision or capacity to transform my body in the way that Dr. S has. Proper fitness and nutrition could only take me so far, and Dr. S finished the job in my quest for a beautiful, functional body . I have the utmost respect, admiration, and gratitude for everything that he and his team have done for me. I would encourage anyone considering similar procedures to visit with Dr. S, your search will stop with him. You'll have found the best.