26 Years Old; Rhinoplasty and Septoplasty

Hello! As a lot of people, when I was about 12/13...

As a lot of people, when I was about 12/13 my nose started to grow very fast and what before was a small, pretty and slightly up-turned nose became a long nose with a large falling tip.
People usually say I am pretty but if I'm being honest I was never able to believe them. My nose was the cause of a lot of my insecurities, so a few years ago I decided that I had to change it.
I discovered this site and it helped me to consolidate my decision. That's why I'm making this review, as a thanks for helping me decide.

Last October, I started looking for doctors, here in Portugal. I chose a very well-known one that had excellent reviews and made an appointment for a consultation on December 18th.

The consultation had three steps:
1st) An assistant explained me all the steps of the rhinoplasty and that I would be operated not only by the plastic surgeon but also by a otolaryngologist to assure that my respiratory functions would not be affected or would be treated if there was any problem. She also told me the doctors' academic and professional backgrounds and showed me pictures of the clinic and operating room. Then, I went to a room to take photos in a machine.
2nd) I went to the doctor's office (the plastic surgeon). She was very nice, pretty and sophisticated. She asked me what I wanted and I said that I would like my nose to became smaller, more adequate to my face but natural. She said that my nose was projected and with the previously taken photos she showed me, in a simulator, what they could do to my nose - shorten it, make the bridge slightly thinner, make the tip smaller and eliminate the small hump (which actually never bothered me) on the bridge. I could only focus on the nostrils, they seemed to large for the future nose. She said that she could not do too much about the nostrils and I was a bit worried but still motivated. Then, she took a lot of photos of all the angles of my nose and told about the exams and blood analysis I had to do.
3rd) Finally I went to talk to another person responsible for the bureaucracies about the costs and to schedule the surgery - February 18th.

When the tomography results came, I was surprised to find out that my septum was actually deviated, I had a small bone spike and light signals of rhinitis.

I spent the next few weeks calm and only became nervous about it when there was an additional stressful factor (a really important job presentation).
When the day came (thursday, february 18th ), I was nervous. I went to the clinic at 9.30am. I waited until 10am and then an assistant took my "before" photos. At about 11am I went to a room and spoke with a nurse and the anesthetist and she asked me a lot of questions about my health and behaviors. She told me that my analysis were OK. They put the IV needle. Then the doctor came and felt my nose. I asked her if they would treat the septum and she said they would.

At about 11.45am I entered the operations room, they gave me the anesthesia and I was out. The operation lasted about 1 hour and a half and the nurse said that everything went smoothly.

I woke up a bit dizzy but I quickly remembered where I was. I had no pain, but I had to breath through my mouth and my throat was very dry. II was only allowed to drink a couple of hours later in order not to vomit. It was actually awful.
The doctor came to see me and said that my nose became very pretty and straight, like I princess nose... Hummm...I hope so :)
I spent that day until 7pm in a recovering room.

I looked miserable, specially on the second day, with lots of bruises and very swollen but I did not feel any pain the next few days thanks to all the meds. However, because I had tampons on both nostrils I was very uncomfortable.
I spent 4 very long days barely eating because not only I did not feel the flavor of foods but it was very hard to eat and breath at the same time. The same goes for speaking. Oh, and my voice was so ridiculously nasal! I went to remove the tampons on Monday. I can't describe the sensation of removing them. It wasn't really pain but a very strong pressure like if someone was trying to pull out my brain.

After that I remained with the cast until Friday. Since Wednesday the cast was starting to fall because my skin was oily and it was very itchy so it was so good to take it out.

When, in the clinic, the doctor and the nurse removed the cast I was able to see my nose... I liked the profile and the tip, despite being very swollen but I really hated the bridge between the eyes. It seemed so swollen, so unnatural!! I'm a bit more relaxed now because I read that it's normal and it goes away. People refer to it as "avatar look" haha
After they clean the nose they put white masking tape, so I can't really enjoy my new nose yet. I have to wait until next Thursday to see it.

Because I have thick skin on my nose I guess that it will take longer to get rid of the swelling.

Sorry for the long review! I will put pictures of the steps until here and then I will put some new ones.

Swollen new nose

Here are some updated pictures. Tomorrow it will be 2 weeks since the operation and my nose is still very very swollen.

I can see on profile pics that it is much shorter now. But on front pictures it seems the same. I'm kind of afraid that it will stay like this and that the swelling won't disappear...I look like a freakin animal!