My Tummy Tuck experience. Linden, NJ

I'm 41- 5 pregnancies all which were regular birth...

I'm 41- 5 pregnancies all which were regular birth. I worked out for years and could never get rid of my mommy tummy which was discouraging so I would not be consistent with exercising. I'm not at my goal weight but I've been consistent at the same weight +/- 5lbs. This is not the answer to my weightloss goal but I'm sure getting rid of the belly fat will be motivating. I plan to loose no more than 15lbs afterwords over time. Below are my post TT pics. The pic of me wearing the purple dress was this past June and I had a wrap around my tummy which didn't help:)

Day 1 Post Opt

Day 1 post opt. Had my TT surgery about 7 hours ago at Trinitas Hospital in Elizabeth, NJ with Dr. Alkon and I also had a minor hernia repair with Dr. Colaco. I don't remember much except being escorted to the surgery room and complaining that the room was full of men and smiling at their response. I woke up to two very nice nurses taking care of me. I was cold and in PAIN- I seriously wanted to cry. The surgery took about 4 hours. Dr. Alkon repaired my stomach muscles- he said they were very separated from all my pregnancies. Im on pain killers and antibiotics. I also have the bag that continuously administers medicine to the surgery area. I would say the pain level is. 5 out of 10. I haven't gotten to the "it's worth it point yet" too painful! I'm praying for speedy and quick recover:)

Day 12 post op- starting to feel normal again

My ps has been great and supportive through this ordeal with my intestines- I'm slowly recovering. My last drain was removed today and I am wearing a binder ???? my surgery actually took less than 2 hours which I thought was longer- I guess the anesthesia had me a bit confused. I haven't taken a picture yet because I have additional gas pockets in my abdominal wall however, there I am with my binder 10lbs lighter. I'm assuming my ps removed about 10 lbs of belly fat ???? I was 178-180 before surgery and now weigh 166-168 as of 12 days post op.

16 days post comparison pic

Still swollen but getting better!

Belly button reshaping with ear plugs

So, notice yesterday that my belly button hole was shrinking. I wasn't sure if it's something that is suppose to happen or I was too swollen. My ps mention ear plugs or marbles to help shape it. Honestly, that marble idea scared me because I heard of it getting stuck so I tried the ear plug. I had it in for about 15 hours. BTW tt recovery belly button pics aren't cute lol

Belly button

Here are the before and after pics after using an earplug for 15 hours

8 week post

Comparison of pre op pic to 8 weeks post

4 Months Post TT

I'm four months TT. Still a little swollen but not as bad. I still have an area below by belly button which feels harder than the rest of my tummy so I've been using a heat pad and daily massages to help it. Overall, I'm finally starting to fee like it's worth it.

A year later

A year later. Overall, it's fine but I'm still numb towards the center right below my belly button. The first pic is before the tummy tuck, then it's the pic right after the tummy tuck (gross), the third is 3 months after the tuck, and the last is 9 months. I'll post a year update soon.
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Great doctor. I am pleased with his work. He's very gifted at what he does and takes pride in his work.