Consultation Only - Dr. Alkon Was Very Discouraging... - Linden, NJ

Had a consult with Dr. Alkon in January. The...

Had a consult with Dr. Alkon in January. The reason i forked over my 110.00 was because of his great reviews. After being weighed, he came in. He was very short and fast with me. Quickly went through the procedure and then said quote, "Not that i don't want to do your surgery but, you need to loose weight". He said 15-20 pds. He kept asking if i "could do that". I said yes. I thought at 5'6 and 180 pds, i was an ideal candidate. He then said i would be dissatified and some of his patients needed to loose weight and didn't and they were unhappy with their results. He also said i had a hernia. I was puzzled. I thought that if i had a hernia, i would feel it. I saw my pcp and she said no way did i have one. I was very unhappy and discouraged with my consult. It was a waste of money. Saw another surgeon in feb, nyc. Gladly forked over my 1,000.00 deposit to hold my reservation. Had a great consult. My surgery is scheduled for April 4th. Mabye Dr. Alkon was having a bad day when i saw him.
Newark Plastic Surgeon