Not So Lucky - Libertyville, IL

Unfortunately, this procedure did not live to the...

Unfortunately, this procedure did not live to the expectations as outlined by my doctor and the literature provided. After having three consultations, the leakage has not diminished. In fact, it has gotten worse.

Now on six different occasions over the past four weeks I have experienced significant leakage while engaging in activities that I was hoping the procedure would curtail – five times while jogging outside (to the point I had to quit as the soaking to my exercise shorts was extreme,) the sixth while out dancing with my husband at a concert. During this occasion I had the foresight to wear a maximum absorbency leakage control pad that was soaked through in a period of two hours - pretty normal pre-Femilift.

I was scheduled to return for a fourth consultation. I am postponing that visit until the fall and see what happens in the next few weeks. I was extremely optimistic that Femilift was going to help curve the humiliating feeling that having to deal with incontinence brings about. I believe this is why most women will try this.

As you decide whether this procedure will work for you, make sure a thorough examination is conducted. I don't believe I was on the examining table more than 5 minutes, asked a few questions and to cough once, before it was decided I was a "perfect" candidate and was going to be “extremely happy" with the results and telling all my friends about it – I wish that had been the case! I am only 45 and extremely active and was hoping this was going to be "it!"

Best of luck with your experience.
Dr. P

I read an interview in a local paper promoting the procedure as described by Dr. P. As I have been dealing with this for over 8 years now I wanted to give it a try. Dr. P has been attentive as I explained how this did not work for me. I will not be going back to this practice though and will find a urogynecologist to further help treat my incontinence.