Revision Septo-rhinoplasty at the Leicester Royal Infirmary with Dr Sudip Das. Leicester, GB

I underwent my primary septo-rhinoplasty through...

I underwent my primary septo-rhinoplasty through the NHS (July 2011) to fix my nose which was broken in an unprovoked attack by a gang. Mr Peter Conboy at my local hospital (LRI) undertook this and it was a complete disaster which left me with random fragments of bone trapped under my skin and a collapsed nose which I could not breathe out of! After 2 and half years of chronic pain and suicidal thoughts, I was offered a revision by a pleasant and experienced surgeon by the name of Mr Banerjee. I requested no turbinate surgery due to some of my friends having severe complications from this.
In a complex revision which took over 3 hours, Mr Banerjee used pieces of my septum to rebuild my nose and added support with large spreader grafts on both sides, a columella strut (between the nostrils) and medial crus (tip) grafts. It was an open procedure due to the complex nature of the operation.
I saw one of his colleagues to have the stitches removed and my cast taken off. He was VERY forceful when cleaning the residue off my nose, he explained that I could not clean it myself as I wouldn't be forceful enough!?? I felt my nose shift at this point and notice some bumps appear on the bridge, but my breathing was good so I took the rough with the smooth!
Over the months Mr Banerjee saw me twice to ensure it was healing well and was very pleasant, informative and supportive through out. My nose healed well, I breathed well and it looked great. A happy patient, a happy surgeon and a successful result.
I was referred to one of Mr Banerjees colleagues (Dr Sudip Das) for a review earlier this year and he was not so happy with the result. He decided to open a Cottle speculum in my right nostril while leaving one was half open in my left, and I have had horrendous problems ever since.
Mr Banerjee is a fantastic and highly experienced surgeon, but I would advise choosing your hospital wisely to avoid having his brilliant work destroyed!
Mr Anil Banerjee

Terrible problems and complications.