Getting Married Wanted the Something New to Be my Nose! - Leeds, United Kingdom, GB

I had my surgery on the 5th of April but have held...

I had my surgery on the 5th of April but have held off writing a review as I felt I may jinx it, silly I know. I am getting married next year and I love seeing the natural photos of people laughing and enjoying their day I couldn't imagine doing that as I would have to be constantly aware of where the photographer was to ensure there were no side shots.

Will update soon not got time to overload you all with all the photos and reviews!

I have read so many reviews on here and don't think I would have gone through with it if it wasn't for this site giving me confidence that I was going to survive (lol), so even though I hate the thought of these photos going online I know I need to give something back, I feel 100% better in myself already and to be honest didn't realize how much my nose subconsciously how much it affected my day to day life.

Day and day after surgery

The day of surgery was not as bad as I was expecting, I was very nervous about being put to sleep as this was my first operation the nurses and hospital staff were all very nice and supportive. I was told to think of a holiday destination as I was being put to sleep, the room spun for a few seconds and the next thing I knew I was waking up dreaming of Egypt. I was taken back to my room where my other half was waiting apparently I was gone around for around 2.5 hours.

I felt no pain it was just annoying trying to drink through a straw with packing in; this made my ears pop. I was also starving! I had no nausea or vomiting and had dinner and tea.

I had a reasonably good sleep, the removal of the packing was uncomfortable and only a tiny bit painful but the pain was outweighed by how good it felt to get the packing out!

Day 4

I was really swollen to the point of hardly being able to see through my eyes I really think the arnica gel helped with the bruising though. I didn't find sleeping upright too uncomfortable and so far have only gone through 4 films on netflix. I have still been starving, I've read so many reviews where people have lost weight and I think I might have gained it.

Day of cast removal

I was most nervous about this part I thought the stitches were going to hurt and my nose would be wonky.
Having the cast off was by far the most painful thing I have experienced during this whole process. I have very dry skin and the cast was well and truly stuck on there, even the nurse commented that this was one of the worst she has had to remove and some lucky people have their cast fall off! Stitches didn't hurt at all and they were out without me even knowing.

I look like an Avatar and I went to a children's birthday party the same night, luckily none of the children ran away screaming so think it was OK.

Other than the massive amounts of Avatar swelling the nose shape looks ok to me and I'm not worried about the final result

11 days post - 5 days post cast removal

Still very swollen but no longer look like an Avatar, I was worried I would be looking like sci-FY creature for weeks but thankfully not.
Liverpool Plastic Surgeon

I love my nose so far even though it is still very swollen, to be fair I didn't ask many questions because I wanted to know as little as possible because I wouldn't have gone through with it. He was very confident and assured me my nose would be easy to fix, there was no hard sell just that if I wanted to go through with it he could definitely achieve the results I wanted.