Tattoo Removal with Enlighten Laser. Leawood, KS

I have been interested in joining the military for...

I have been interested in joining the military for a while now and a few weeks ago I got my sign that I needed to affirm my decision to do it. There is only this tattoo standing in my way. After some research I found that the Enlighten Laser by Cutera is one of the newest and most efficient ways to remove a tattoo. I found that Dr. Mirabile's MedCosmetic office was one of very few providers in the Kansas City metropolitan area to offer this treatment. I went in for my consultation with Kelli, a licensed Aesthitician, and was given a quote of $200 per treatment for my small tattoo and told that it should take approximately 4-5 treatments, but of course, no guarantee. They were super nice and very professional. A few days later, I called them back and scheduled my first treatment for Wednesday 5/27. On the day of my appointment, I was taken to a private sitting area and given a cup with numbing ointment and told to rub it into the entire are of the tattoo. It took about 50 minutes before it felt somewhat numb. I was then taken to the treatment room where I was given special glasses and a stress ball for each hand. She started slowly and made sure that I was tolerating the pain well. I didn't feel that the pain was any worse or less than actually getting a tattoo in the first place. The black outline was what hurt the worst. The center red part I hardly felt at all. afterwards, it was covered with a nonstick pad. I was instructed to gently clean the area and recover with neosporin and a non stick pad twice a day for 3 days. It felt fine until that evening. It started to burn. It was very tolerable though. I took an aleve and put an ice pack over the area. The next day it continued to slightly burn. That eventually faded into itchiness over the next couple of days. By day 3, The worst part of it was the reaction that my skin was having to the adhesive in the tape. I never blistered, but it did eventually scab up a little. I am now exactly 1 week post treatment #1 and there are still some scabs on it but wow! I am amazed at the amount of fading already just 1 week post 1 treatment! I will go in for treatment #2 on July 15th. I was told that they see the best results when waiting 8 weeks in between treatments. The pictures I posted are before, 1 day post and 7 days post. I will update more after treatment #2

2 weeks post #1

I must say, I am completely impressed with my progress. The red in the tattoo is very faded and the black outline is nearly completely gone in some places. There is no more scabbing, but my skin feels a little raised and dry still. 6 weeks till my next treatment!

1 Day post # 2

I went for my second treatment yesterday. While my progress has been good, she decided to go a little more aggressive. It maybe hurt just a tad bit more than the first time but was still tolerable. I do see a little bit of blistering on the outline this morning and it is very red and angry looking. It really isn't even sore though. It is just a little tender to the touch.

1 day post # 2 photo

5 days post # 2

Not seeing a whole lot of difference yet but hopefully it gets lighter over the next 8 weeks. It started peeling and itching a bit this morning. Aquaphor seems to help with the itching.

3 1/2 weeks post #2

It is definitely getting lighter! Especially near the bottom of the tattoo.

Waiting for 3rd treatment

I have still only done the 2 treatments but I still see it getting lighter. I'm hoping I can make it in for my 3rd treatment within the next couple of months. Still very impressed with the 2 treatments I had
Kelli Folk Licensed Aesthetician

So far she has been absolutely wonderful and professional