Large and Colorful Tattoo Removal with Enlighten by Cutera - Leawood, KS

I have been researching tattoo removal for several...

I have been researching tattoo removal for several years, and thought I found the right laser for me (picosure) in July of 2014, but when I made the 2.5 hour drive to the nearest picosure Dr.'s office I didn't have a good feeling after meeting with the staff, and having a consultation. I'm not sure how else to describe it other than it just didn't feel right. I didn't have a good vibe about the appointment they made for the following week so I ended up canceling. A few weeks later I heard a new laser would be soon available, and I decided to spend more time researching. In June 2015 I found Dr. Mirabile in the Overland Park/Leawood, Kansas area. I scheduled a consultation, and met with Christina to discuss removing my large, and colorful calf tattoo. Christina appeared confident, and knowledgable about the Enlighten laser by Cutera. Christina explained she is typically aggressive, and tends to go over the tattoo more than once during each session. This was music to my ears as full removal of my tattoo will take many sessions. Christina estimated my tattoo to be near full removal at around 8 sessions. However, the large colorful tattoo on my calf is actually a coverup on top of a small black tattoo. Multiple layers complicates things, and Christina did not sugar coat this in anyway. She explained some additional sessions may be needed to fully remove the small tattoo underneath the colorful one. I left my consultation feeling relieved, and anxious for my July appointment. I finally found a place nearby to start my removal process! YES!
Christina

Christina said she would go as fast or as slow as I could tolerate. I ended up being able to tolerate the pain fairly well so she was able to move at a continuous pace. Christina explained the first session is somewhat of a test to see how the different colors react. I was told future sessions will be more customized based on the reaction from my first treatment.