Can't believe I finally did it!, San Antonio, TX

1 Dec 2016
Updated

1 day ago

Can't believe I finally did it! - San Antonio, TX

After 3 big babies (one over 10 pounds) and years of nursing this body needed some help (tummy tuck and breast lift). Dr. Lawton's office was very responsive and appointments were made with ease. I do not like pain, and sweat and tense up in a dentist chair. I was so scared of waking up from surgery in intense pain. It just wasn't the case. I was sore and very groggy but I remember being so relieved I wasn't in severe pain. My surgical nurse (who was awesome) gave me pain meds, helped me use the restroom, helped me get dressed and was a comfort by my side. Dr. Melish (the anesthesiologist) knows what he is doing. I had no nausea, no dry scratchy throat, and just a slow gentle "wake up". It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and I am thrilled with the results so far. I followed Dr. Lawton's instructions on pain meds for the first 4 days then I weaned off to just valium (for muscle relaxation) twice a day and Tylenol. Then after 7 days just Tylenol. In the evenings I have a few muscle spasms but it feels very similar to the last month of pregnancy and they don't last long. My only regret is that I waited so long to do this.