The Time is Now - Las Vegas, NV

I am 15 days out and I will be traveling 2089...

I am 15 days out and I will be traveling 2089 miles EACH way to have the surgery in Las Vegas, NV. I'm apprehensive about the surgery, traveling after the surgery, (I will return 4 days after the surgery), and the change this will make in my life. BUT!!! I want to be healthy again which out weights any and all fears! I am open to advice from those of you who have gone through this. My goal is to reach 140 pounds from my pre-prep weight of 295. I know I have a long way to go to have an acceptable BMI but I'm healthy otherwise except for the pressure on my knees from carrying two me for about 10 years! I look forward to getting back to dancing and biking and other stuff I miss: like walking a block without stopping to pretend that I'm checking my phone when I'm really trying to catch my breath!

Five Days Post Opt

I arrived in Las Vegas last Saturday and surgery was Tuesday September 15th and it went well. I returned home yesterday (9/19) and the fear that I had before surgery that I might be uncomfortable on the return trip was unfounded! Today is day five since surgery and I've relaxed today my first day back in my own bed. I did get down quite a bit of protein so far and water plus herbal tea. I plan to walk more until I'm given the go ahead to exercise at the gym. I feel much better than I expected and the experience in Las Vegas with Dr. Umbach went fantastically. The Doctor and his staff and the North Vista hospital were professional, knowledgeable, and caring. Weight lost including the 2week pre-opt has been a total of 12 lbs. I need to walk more and get in all my water and protein. Well, I've just begun this life long trip to the positive.

Two weeks Post Op

Today is my two week anniversary and I've lost a total of 25lbs. I'm feeling pretty good. I was a little weak for the 1st week so I allowed myself to sleep and didn't walk as much as I wanted to or planned. Today the energy is returning and I've promised myself that I'm going to move more. I am pleased that I've done this and I know I have a long way to go to get my health back on track but I've got a good start to regaining control of my life.

33 DAYS TODAY AND 32 POUNDS

Its been 33 days since my surgery which was done on the 15th of September and from the beginning I've lost a total of 32 lbs! I went for about 5 days with no movement so I waited a week and weighted today to see a lost of 4lbs. I went to the gym last week after getting permission from the doctor. I plan to work up to 45 to 60 minutes a day 3 to 5 days a week. (this is the plan) I'm still on liquids and have added pureed vegetables, yogurt, and string cheese. I love cheese, so I have to be careful with the cheese. I'm getting a little bored with my menu so I'll have to be creative to mix it up. I've got a way to go and this decision to have the surgery was one of my best decisions.

Ten Months Post Sleeve

Its been 10 months and I've los 106 pounds so far. I plan to go for 54 more pounds to my personal set goal. I've changed my eating habits and plan to eat in this manner for the rest of my life. I like my new life style and I do need to work on getting more exercise. My weight loss has brought back my self confidence and I'm planning to make changes in all phases of my life, socially, economically, and yes spiritually. I am so pleased that I had the sleeve and that I'm in the process of getting my life back.
Las Vegas Bariatric Surgeon