52 Yrs Old, Removing 17 Yr Old Saline Under Muscle - Las Vegas, NV

First, thanks to all who have come before me. ...

First, thanks to all who have come before me. Like others, I have been behind-the-scenes reading your stories of inspiration. I, too, am ready to get out of the booby trap. I knew at some point I'm was going to need replacements, and I have decided to remove them rather than replace them.

Knock on wood, my implants have been great! Got them done in 1999, under muscle through the nipple. They were filled with 380 to 420cc's of saline. Been so long I don't remember. Before BA, I was a saggy, small B, after nursing two kids. Wanted small C's, and with age my boobs, like my kids, have grown!

I have opted to deflate first, before I decide on a lift. Deflate Day is July 21 (in office procedure). Then I will follow up with PS in four weeks to determine next steps (lift or au natural). Actual removal is scheduled for September 7. Cost will be $9000 for removal with lift. $3700 without lift. Cost for deflation is $1000, which will go toward the removal and/or lift.

Deflate Day

Today was Deflate Day! Wasn't really nervous, and procedure was quick and painless. Love Dr. Brown too! She is very caring, and made me feel comfortable, especially since I am not a needle fan. So here are pre- and post- deflate pics. Removed 390cc from left breast and 360 from the right. The old girls don't look too bad. :) I will test drive them for a month then decide on lift or no lift.

Post Deflate - 24 hrs

So far, so good! I went about my usual daily activities, which may or may not have been a good thing. Started feeling sore at the 24 hour mark and took two Tylenol. Back in business now :) Here's a few pics.

1 Week Post Deflate

I'm loving the new/old me!! Called PS and opted for no lift. Feeling lighter, younger and happier! Right breast feels a bit sore where the bag is sitting post-deflate. The valve gives a good poke now and then. Left side doesn't feel sore but it's bruised a bit. I highly recommend the deflate option (saline implants) before explant.

Here's pics:

Surgery Day - They're Out!

Got the bags removed this morning. It's been 7 hours since surgery and I feel great so far. Worst part of the explant - the IV. I have tiny veins so they had to poke me twice to get it work. No big deal, and par for the course with me.

The staff at the surgical center was amazing! So attentive and on top of it all. We laughed a lot this morning!

And Dr. Brown was just as amazing. Originally, she and I had discussed removing the bags via the old/original scars around my nipple. I asked this morning if she would go underneath the breast instead, as I didn't want to go thru numb nipples again. She agreed and that's the route we took.

The best part of the day was listening to Dr. Brown talk about how much she loves her job as a surgeon. Her eyes just lit up as she spoke about her passion for her art. Gotta love a person who loves their job!

At home resting with the hubby. My mom and dad stopped by and brought me soup and German chocolate pie from Marie Callender's. I'm a lucky lady.

Here's a few pics modeling my drains and the nifty sleeveless jacket I picked up at Walmart this weekend. It has inside pockets for the drains, which are hanging as Christmas ornaments right now.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I give today a 10+.

Six Days Post and Free From Drains!

OMG - no more drains. For me, those were the most inconvenient part of the procedure. I was not meant to be in the medical profession so anything to do with blood...hey that's just not me BUT I made! Very little fluid came out of my drains - less than 2 ML every 12 hours. Today they are gone and it's the first time I've seen the new/old itty bitty's! I'll take em! Really no pain at all from incisions. Very little bruising. And tomorrow I finally get to shower! I'll update pics again at one month. If you any questions, feel free to ask. And I highly recommend Dr. Brown if your looking for a ps in Las Vegas. Here's to freedom from the booby trap!

Mommy Badge of Honor

Finally showered today and got a chance to really look at my itty bitty's. I noticed the indent in my right nipple is still there - and one of the reasons I first got implants. My sons nursed on that side more than the other. At 35 - I was devastated cause I thought I look deformed. Today at 52 - it's a Mommy Badge of Honor. Funny how your perspective changes along the road of life.

One Month - Implant Free

As promised, here are some pics at the one month mark. I'm very pleased with the outcome. Only time they look a bit odd is when I lift my arms (I took a pic for you see). Also when I flex my pecs - my breasts contract pretty bad. I'm assuming that's from going in under the muscle when I had implants.

Comments from hubby, friends and family have all been positive. I've been told I look thinner. I tend to agree. I was really feeling matronly as opposed to sexy with implants. Now I feel more like my old athletic self.

Wishing all great success with your journey. I'll post again at the one-year mark. Feel free to leave comments if you have questions.

Breast Implant Removal

Just want to thank Dr. Brown and her team for the amazing experience. Deciding to remove breast implants is a big decision, and the team at Desert Hills Plastic Surgery was caring, professional and understanding. I'm a little bummed my experience with them is over. I enjoyed their office very much.

Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Brown is very knowledgeable and really listened to my concerns. She is very detail-oriented, which was appreciated.