50 and ready to be implant free - Las Vegas, NV

My goal is to have my implants removed. I have 20...

My goal is to have my implants removed. I have 20 maybe more years of life left and there is a lot of things i want to do! The boobs that once gave me the confidence i needed are just in the way and serving me no purpose. I may very well need a lift six months to a year down the road after I heal. I've had over the muscle implants since I was 27, I nursed my daughter for six months at 31. Switched out the saline for silicone almost 10 years ago. Now they just seem heavy and in the way.

Five days and counting

Thank you to everyone that's posted on this site. Looking forward to embracing the old me. My explant is Monday February 15. This is my second set of implants. Dr. Higgins replaced my 1992 saline implants with this silicone pair in 2006. Although is was an improvement i am ready to be free from implants entirely. Dr Higgins and his staff are wonderful and this is so much easier for me because of them. I'll let you know how it goes.

Tomorrow is the day.

My boobies are more sore than usual, I'm sure it's anxiety.

They are out.

Home am feeling loopy. Wrapped up tighter than a drum. I have drains and glad I do. Sneak peak tomorrow at the docs and I'll snap a photo.

Drains

Evening drain emply and measure (the first one at home) About 4 hours / 40ml each. So glad I have the drains, imagine all that filling up the cavity. Really happy to have them out. Everybody at Durango Surgery was great. Dr Higgins has a great team!

24 hours later

I just got home from Dr Higgins office. The facility and the staff are wonderful. I was pleased to see that he went through my original scar around the nipple :) Looks a bit frightening now but I am so happy to be free of the implant and all the capsule.

48 hours later

Doc said yesterday to keep the velcro 4" wide strap over the compression bra (that is over a couple of pads) as tight as i can stand it. Drains will come out tomorrow. I changed the pads out today and snapped this photo.

Drains are out :)

A week later

Over my soprts bra i am wearing a 4" elastic velcro band as tight as i can stand it. I Have no breast tissue and alot of skin and tissue that needs to heal and hopefully retract. Right now they still look like the last photo. I only unwrap them long enough for a shower. I'll see Dr Higgins agian in three days. My over the muscle silicone implants were removed through my original nipple incisions so in my case, no tissue to hide a scar under the fold, so that's a plus. A little nervous the fluff fairy may never visit. The best part is the stiff and sore neck that i have lived with for years doesn't hurt and my range of motion has increased by at least 20 percent!! I can hardly wait to go back to pilates, yoga and golf !!

Day 12

I'm not seeing much improvement. Three days without compression. I don't have enough tissue for a "aa" cup. You can still see and feel the space where the implants rested. Still sore and sensative to the touch. The silicone implants were removed through insisions below my nipples. Those stittches will desolve on their own eventually. 10 years ago i have "textured" saline implants replaced with this second set. Some of the very little tissue I had came out with those implants. I'm hopeful that next weeks update photo will be and improvement. Really Greatful for all your stories on here.

Three weeks post and not thrilled.

I have been massaging. I have been using a manual breast pump as suggested by my PS. The scar tissue is winning. I can't exersize and it seems the rest of me is falling apart too. Okay enough about me. I am happy to be implant free :) It can only get better, right?!?

42 days post

Trying to decide if the massaging and breast pump are helping. I can feel the scar tissue teathered to ? the muscle maybe. I see the PS tomorrow.
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Higgins removed and replaced my implants almost 10 years ago. He'll be removing the implants on February 16.