43 and Desperate for a Tummy Tuck. Las Vegas, NV

After 2 c-sections my stomach was left very saggy...

After 2 c-sections my stomach was left very saggy and ugly. I was always ok with my body except my belly region. I had a lot of loose skin and a lot of fat around my mid-section. I decided to get a consultation so I researched plastic surgery online and found smith surgery. I was ecstatic that I got an appt the same day I called. From the minute I walked in there I knew I made the right decision. This is the best decision I have ever made. The staff was amazing and professional. Everybody there makes you feel so welcomed. Dr. Smith took his time and explained every detail of my procedure and what to expect. The procedure went great and I couldn't be happier with the results. I highly recommend Smith Surgery.

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

The reason I chose to do a tummy tuck is because after 6 years I wanted my body back. My youngest son is almost 6 and after the 2 c-sections my stomach looked awful! I was always happy with my body except that one part. I never let my husband see me naked it was way too embarrassing. Even though he said he didn't care, I cared. I was in the pool one day and said you know what I'm thinking about getting a tummy tuck and my family said go for it! I got a consultation the next day and a week later I was recovering. It happened very fast for me which is truly amazing! My biggest tip for a good result is follow your dr's instructions completely! Do not think you know better, if he tells you take it easy, take it easy! If he tells you get up and walk, get up and walk! My surgeon told me your recovery is what you make of it and he is so right! Nurture yourself and your scar, rest a lot and make sure you have supportive family members helping you. The first week it's difficult getting up and down so you need someone with you. To be honest I have no cons to this process only pros! This is the best decision I have ever made. Yes I have a scar but I don't care, anything is better than what I had before. My surgery left me feeling confident and sexy again! Every day it looks better and better! The recovery process is quite easy! Just keep in mind keep your blood flowing to prevent blood clots! The first night you have to get up every 3 hours to walk! I didn't mind at all. The first week you're a little sore a little stiff but your pain medication takes care of all that! After 2 weeks I was ready to return to work, I was scared a little because I wasn't sure how my tummy would feel being on my feet for 8 hours but I did great. Now it's been almost 6 weeks, I just had a post op appt yesterday and my dr said I look amazing! I couldn't be happier. To all women who are considering this procedure, this will change your life for the better! This is by far the best decision I have ever made. It is perfectly normal to feel a little nervous but go for it. When everything is said and done you will feel fabulous!!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

Just had my first laser treatment on my scar yesterday! Omg I saw an immediate result! All the redness went away! I'm getting 3 more treatments over the next few months! My surgeon gave me the first one free, he's so awesome!!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

Well it was 9 weeks yesterday since my tummy tuck! I have thoroughly enjoyed this website and love reading all the amazing stories! I figured I would update my pics! My swelling is minimal and I'm back to eating healthy and working out everyday! I've lost 7 lbs in the last 2 weeks and am so happy to be back to my normal life! I ate so much ice cream over the past few months bcuz believe it or not it makes your tummy feel better and reduces the swelling bcuz it's so cold! Lol!! I know it sounds like an excuse but it's not! Anyway I stopped eating bad and I'm feeling really good! Thank you to all the ladies on this website, your stories are courageous and inspirational!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

Well it's been almost 12 weeks since my tummy tuck and I decided I'd update! I've lost 12 lbs since the end of August and I feel fabulous! I've been getting laser treatments and I'm now using scar gel and tape! It all really helps with the scar but to be honest next year I'm getting the whole scar tattooed over so if it's not totally transparent it won't really matter anyway! But still I'm doing everything I need to right now to keep the healing process going! Working out every day and eating clean! I feel great! Thank you to all the people on this website for your support and stories! It has completely helped me through this adventure! I love you guys!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

Well I'm down 14 lbs in little less than a month! My surgeon will be very happy! My next appt with him is Nov 11 so if I could lose 6more lbs I would be at a 20 lb weight loss, yay!!!! I am gonna post some bikini pics, I haven't worn a bikini since I was 12, lol!! I feel great!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

This isn't really a surgery update it's a personal update! You all have become a second family to me and I wanted to share this with you! Yesterday was my youngest sons 6th birthday and we threw him a Halloween themed party at our local pumpkin patch! We had over 60 people! I've never felt so loved and happy to share this event with all my friends and family and my sons classmates! It was truly amazing! I will post a couple of pics so everyone can see my family! I love sharing this with you all, I am truly blessed!

43 and desperate for a tummy tuck

Well it's been 8 months since my tummy tuck and I told y'all that I was getting the scar tattooed! I saw my surgeon and I'm 100% healed so I'm good to go! Over the scar was pretty painless but off the scar pinched a little! Well worth it though! Take care real selfers!!!!!
Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon

My interaction with Dr. Smith was incredible. He was the kindest and most professional doctor I have ever encountered. From the minute I stepped foot in his office he put me at complete ease with my decision to get a tummy tuck. He took his time and explained what to expect and answered all my questions. He was very reassuring and made me feel very excited and not nervous at all. It has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I am so happy. Even in my post op appts Dr. Smith is very thorough at explaining after care treatment. I would highly recommend Dr. Smith and his entire staff. His anesthesiologist is also amazing. Made me feel 100% comfortable in the operating room and even called me at home to make sure I was doing ok. Now that's professionalism. Shannon is an assistant that has helped me from day 1 and she is also incredible. The whole team there is top notch.