52 Yr Old, Upper/Lower Bleph for a Refreshed Look! - Las Vegas, NV

I've noticed over the last year or so that I just...

I've noticed over the last year or so that I just can't get rid of the tired look, no matter how much makeup I use. I had to raise my eyebrows to see better, or to look like I wasn't angry. I also developed bags under my eyes, both from age and (I'm guessing) stress at different times in my life. After researching fillers, I decided that they were too expensive for a very short term result and started to look into upper and lower blepharoplasty.

Before pics

Here are some before pics. Due to excess skin, you couldn't see makeup on my eyes no matter how much I used. Plus I had to raise my brows to see or to look happy. My lower bags are likely due to years of allergies, age, and well earned stress!

Post op

Here are a few photos of the day after and days two and three. No pain, just swelling. Using lots of lacrilube to keep sutures moist.

Days 3 to 5 post op

Redness and swelling going down. Only iced for two days per doc. Steri-strips support the lower lids to reduce any droopiness. Lacrilube is my best friend.

Six days post op

Still swollen, no pain. I am excited to have eyelids that I can see again. I knew my eyelashes were under there somewhere!

Stitches out! Day 7 and 8

Not going to lie, getting the lower eyelid stitches out was very uncomfortable. It look two tries, since I had him go back to those after I took a few minute breather. The top stitches weren't too bad. Glad to have those out so the healing can continue! Lacrilube for two more days only.

Days 8 and 9

Continuing with lacrilube. Left eye is more swollen than right, but they're both improving. Steri -strips are to give the lower eyelids support and reduce droopiness.

Days 10 to 12

Still healing. Scars are less swollen than right after getting the stitches out. Bruises under eyes are going away slowly.

15 to 19 days post op

Here are a few updated pics. Dr said to massage the upper eyelid scars by lightly pressing them into the eye socket bone for about a minute each day. This is supposed to help them flatten a bit faster. The scars have been quite red the last few days, maybe from being outside, but not sure.

Three weeks post op

Massaging upper eyelid scars a bit each day. I generally do this before I go to bed. Scars feel somewhat tight now. The scars at the outer edges of my eyes are a little thick, so I'll ask the doc about those and hope they flatten soon. My outer eyelids seem to pull down a bit, so I'll talk to the doc about that too. I don't want a Syl Stallone look. The scars are red right now, so it will be interesting when I go back to work, as I'm not ready to put any makeup on them. I wear glasses, so I'm not too worried. So, the healing adventure continues!

Four weeks post op

Happy Saint Patrick's day! So here are some photos from four weeks after surgery. This is the first time I've worn eye makeup in a month. I HAVE EYELIDS! Brown eye shadow and a bit of liner only. We'll see if I can wear it all day or if the scars get irritated. Three days ago I went for a follow up visit, and I'm apparently healing a bit slower than most, but still healing well. Doc gave me three steroid injections in the upper eyelid scars to help the scars flatten. No "massaging" those scars for another week. Also, the little bumps at the outside of each eye are tiny internal stitches that will dissolve. They are there to give support to the lower lids during healing. Scars are still a bit red, but doc said that's normal and that they will fade. I put a bit of concealer on the lower eye scars, Very happy with results so far, looking forward to continued progress!

Before and Four weeks post op

So... this photo collage app is just too addicting! Here's a side by side. The before pic is from my consultation, and the second is from four weeks post op. Oh my goodness, is that the same person?! It is difficult to find photos that have the same lighting, background,etc., but I think the improvement is quite evident. Whoo Hoo! I knew my eyes were under there somewhere!

It's not all sunshine and rainbows

So I'm almost six weeks out, and I wanted to share that I am experiencing some softening of my results. I am sure this is to be expected, and I'm told the healing is not linear, but I can't help but be a tiny smidge disappointed. I took some photos in unflattering light (yay office fluorescents!). No makeup in these photos. I can see some of the marionette lines around my mouth, and my neck looks a bit swollen, although at six weeks I'm not sure if that's what the drop is or not. I still wear the compression garment at night per my doc. Since going back to work, I've definitely not been sleeping as much as during home recovery, and it shows in my sleepy face! Just keeping it real for my RS community friends! The journey continues!

Posted lower face lift photos on eyelids review!

Well, oops, I posted my lower face lift photos on my eyelids review! Here are a few eyelid close ups. That's what I get for trying to keep two reviews updated!!

Six weeks

Scars are looking much better now, although they are a little red still. I am able to wear eye makeup (yay!). Still small bumps at the outer eyelid edges from dissolvable stitches. This is an absolutely huge improvement from a few months ago (before). I'm am still not thrilled with the bit of overhang on my upper lids at the outer edges. What do you think?

Seven weeks

So I finally got my eyebrows waxed. Thank goodness! Here are a few pix. Wearing a bit of makeup. Upper scars are still a bit bumpy, and the dissolvable stitches at the outer eye still have very small bumps over them. I cannot wear eye makeup all day without some irritation, but that is common for me. Going to my eye doctor today for an exam. I'd like to try contacts now that I can see my eyes. Happy with my results, and I know I'm still "early" in the healing process.

Two months

Well, I'm eight weeks post op! Still happy with my decision to have upper and lower blepharoplasty. The scars on my upper eyelids are still a bit bumpy on the skin on the inner eye area. We'll see what my doc says about the scars tomorrow. I'd rather pass on more steroid shots (ouch!). There are still tiny bumps at my outer eyes where the dissolvable stitches are. The scars get a bit red when my allergies act up, but nothing anyone else would notice. I'm thrilled with the lower bleph. I still have some extra skin and wrinkles, but no bags! Plus, I believe I've earned the wrinkles and they don't bother me! I find myself wishing we'd taken the incision a bit farther out on my uppers, as they seem to slant down a little bit, but overall I think I look much better than before. My optician just looked at me over and over and said "have you changed your hair or something!?" I told her about the bleph and she was very surprised but said I looked good. I'm going to try contacts for the first time tomorrow! I also see my PS for a two month follow up tomorrow. Btw, in none of these photos am I wearing makeup. Maybe I'll do a glam shot later, ha. Thanks for reading!

Two months vs Before photo

Here's a before and after photo at eight weeks post op.
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Paul Lanfranchi and his team, Ryan, AJ and Dee Dee, are the best at what they do! Dr. Lanfranchi specializes in Facial plastic surgery and rejuvenation only. He was my second consultation, and he inspired trust and confidence from the first discussion about my goals. I booked my procedures for upper and lower blepharoplasty, as well as a lower face/neck lift. Dr. Lanfranchi, in my opinion from experience, does the best, meticulous suturing I've seen on this site. I did not want any staples in my skin, stitches only on the outside of my lids, and nearly invisible scars after healing. My procedures were under local anesthesia and virtually painless. My recovery has been relatively easy, and all follow-up visits have been very helpful. They never rush you, make sure to answer every one of your questions, and treat you with respect. All outcomes are described to you realistically, with natural results as the goal. I highly recommend Dr. Lanfranchi and his team to anyone considering facial plastic surgery. If you don't live near Las Vegas, it's an easy flight from just about anywhere!