3,000 fut - Los Gatos, CA

3,000 FUT procedure. It was very expensive but his...

3,000 FUT procedure. It was very expensive but his work looked great. I went at 5:30am in the morning and was there until around 7:00pm. I was concerned with the tightness of my scalp before the procedure and the doctor said I was fine. I should have gone with my gut. I felt terrible for 2 weeks after the procedure. I lost a lot of hair below the donor area. I waited to color my hair for 3 1/2 weeks and lost a lot more hair below the donor area. I am afraid the cornit again. My scar is too high and close to my ears. My hair is going to recede further and wil expose the scars. When doing more research I have noticed that other patients have lower scares. The technicians did most of the work. They were really nice. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't.

3 month

I still wouldn't have this procedure done. Hair is growing in the front but its uneven. My left side has more hair than my right. The person who cuts my hair commented on that this week. Its very noticeable. My shock loss around my donor area still hasnt grown back and my donor area is stretching. I still feel the aftercare is awful. If you get a prodecure done at this office i would write in the contract aftercare appoints evey few months. i have way less hair than when i started this journey. Now i will have to have future transpalnts to cover the scar. People if your reading this bald is beautiful! i wanted the transplant becuase i have a lumpy head. my head has more lumps now than it did before and i have less hair to cover it. Think twice before you do this.

4 months out

October 25 I will be 4 months out from my procedure. Here are photos. I had a receding hairline and my right temple growth was far back. I hope my right temple fills in more but I'm not sure if it will. I don't think they placed many follicles there. My front is a bit spotty but I'm told wait a year.

One more front photo

You can really see the spot in front of no hair.

5 month review

I haven't notice any new hair growth I believe the current hair is getting thicker and longer. Some of my shock loss hair has started growing back and I a lot still needs to grow back. I have noticed the the scar on my left side above my ear has stretched significantly. This bothers me because it's still tight and could stretch more. I'm hoping I can fix some of it with a FUE but my understanding is that hair doesn't always grow well on a scar. At this point I would still not get this procedure done again. The density of my hair is still way less than it was prior to the procedure. The hair growing from my temples is curly and I hope this eventually straightens out but that hair never fell out it just turned curly. I hope my right temple gets stronger as well. I would either shave my lumpy head or go with the FUE. Please remember once you commit you need to have several more done.

December 24 six months out

Tomorrow will be my 6 month post op. The numbness is starting to subside in the donor area but still there a little. I am still waiting the the shock loss to grow back but it's started to. I haven't really had any new hair pop through my scalp. The existing new hair is just getting longer and thicker. The hair on my temples is starting to straiten out which makes me very happy. Not too much of a change for the second month in a row. This is just a very slow process. Hope everyone has a great holiday season

7th month

Today is my 7th month. I am still waiting for my hair to straighten out. Most of the tightness is gone but sometimes it still feels a little tight. I am still waiting for some of the shock loss hair to grow back but some has started to grow back. I can't wait for this process to be over. I realize I will have to get another one in a few years but I won't get another FUT, I will get an FUE. I am hoping to be able to fix some of my scar area since it has stretched a little but that won't be for a while. I need a break from this whole process.

10 and a half months

My head is still tight at times and my hair in front is still wavy. It's diffidently fuller than it was but I still wish I went with the FUE or not have done anything. The density isn't great the picture I'm posting makes it look better than it is. I will say my coworker said to me, your hair is supposed to get thinner as you age not get thinker. I didn't tell anyone I got this procedure. I do think it it helped make me look younger.

Side hair loss

People have asked to see the side hair loss I experienced. Here is one photo of it. I have patches on both sides above the ear and behind that didn't grow back. I believe my scalp was too tight for 3,000 grafts

13 month update

Hey all I wanted to update my photos. I do need a haircut but I thought it's probably better to give you the most realistic everyday view of my hair.
Los Gatos Hair Restoration Surgeon

The doctor was assured me that in the FUT procedure sock loss is very uncommon and I didn't have to worry about it. I lost a lot of hair underneath my donor area. I currently have bald patches. I believe the procedure was too aggressive for the tightness of my scalp. The technicians were very nice during the procedure. It appears that once the doctor has the money he doesn't care about his patients. When I had my stitches taken out he didn't even look at it. The aftercare is terrible. I had concerns and I had to send the office photos of my shock loss. I spent 12,000 you would think I could have gone into the office. I asked after a follow up appointment and was told they will call in a year. The doctor was very kind and knowledgeable at the initial consultation. The secretary is very kind. I will update once I see the results but the aftercare, time spent with me, and wait time rating will not change. I received more aftercare information/help on here than from the office.