Lipo on Arms and Legs. Lanham, MD

I wish I had never agreed to the procedure I had...

I wish I had never agreed to a procedure by Nia Banks. Very limited work was done to the areas for which I paid, and the results are far from what was agreed to in my consultation. I woke up many times during the procedure feeling the most horrendous pain possible, as anesthesia was underused.

Since Dr. Banks did such a terrible job with lipo, my only option is to pay another surgeon to finish the work that Dr. Banks did not do according to our agreement. I had another surgeon recently examine the areas she treated. That surgeon could readily see where Dr. Banks made minimal
efforts with the cannulas used, stating that they stopped far short after entering areas to be treated. The paths she used with the cannulas during lipo are easily seen by the naked eye. One of my arms has a very pronounced dip in the skin due to her only tracing a straight line with the cannula, instead of covering the entire area. She did lipo on my calves too, which I will also have to get addressed by another surgeon. She agreed to cover certain areas and did not come even close to doing that.

I could never get Dr. Banks to directly answer post-op questions; instead, the emails lingered and answers were forwarded to me by other staff. I called several times to ask to speak with her directly, or for her to give me a phone call, to no success. If you have a doctor do a procedure, you want the doctor to demonstrate adequate care by communicating with the patient directly.

I notified the office that the results of the procedure are very far from what was promised. I have been given the run around even in regards to a followup appointment. It would be nice if a surgeon would own up to such a disastrous procedure. How can a patient trust this surgeon with her/his face if the surgeon cannot save her own by being respondent to doing a bad job?

And patient beware: I received another patient's confidential pregnancy results in my email inbox from Banks's office, followed by another email requesting that I delete it. Again, where is the responsibility of that office to do THEIR own tasks properly and responsibly!?

I wish I had never paid for any procedure at this office. It was a waste of over $11,000. I am left to get another surgeon to do follow-up liposuction to correct the mess that Banks created.

This update has been edited at the request of the reviewer on 06/28/15.

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Terrible waste of money. I should have gone elsewhere before allowing this office to do anything to my body.