Mother of 5, 53 Years Old. Laguna Beach, CA

I've been married for 24 years and have 5...

I've been married for 24 years and have 5 children, all births were vaginal deliveries. I had some of my babies at home, the first was 10 lbs 2 ounces and tore me terribly. My husband and I have an amazing sex life and I wanted the way my vagina looked to be in step with the pleasure it gives me. I was very self conscious of asymmetrical labia which was exacerbated by a varicose vein that ran through my labia during the last 3 pregnancies. I also didn't like that my perineum was about 1/2 inch long from the vaginal opening to my anus; a result of tearing during childbirth. To further complicate the feelings about my "nether regions," I had a slight prolapse with the delivery of my last child. There was a rectocele which required me to push on the inside of my vagina if I wanted to defecate. All in all, I just wanted to have everything fixed so that it functioned well AND looked better. I didn't really have the money, but, at 53 I didn't want to wait. I found Dr. Alinsod and believed him to be one of the few people I'd ever consider to perform the surgery.

I'll finish the review once this experience has come to an end. Right now, it's only been 3 days... that said, oddly enough, it's not that bad. I've had a perineoplasty, vaginaplasty, labiaplasty, rectocele repair.