In Europe This Would Not Be Possible... - Laguna Beach, CA

My search for a physician who could help me began...

My search for a physician who could help me began more than 30 years ago.
After the birth of my two children I was left with severe trauma to my vagina and perineum. I was cut, torn and not sewn up properly. Time and time again I was turned down by at least 10 gynecologists in Europe. The reason: if we try to put you back together, you may not be able to have sex again. Kegal excercises, that's what I should do. And I did. For more than 30 years. Until the cows came home.
Finally I found my lovely Urogynecologist, Dr. Red Alison via this helpful site!
After exchanging several e-mails (which he always answered personally!), I felt this was a doctor who could help me.
So I booked my airline ticket and hotel room and went to see him. I knew straight away I'd made the right choice. He is the most caring and compassionate physician imaginable. The next day I went for my surgical procedure (perinoplasty, rectocele and vaginal tightening and reconstruction). I was prepped with numbing cream, demerol and a local anesthetic I can honestly say there was no pain, I slept thoughout the whole procedure! It was a teaching day, so I was surrounded by doctors thoughout. I stayed in the US for 8 days before going home, and although there was some discomfort, I didn't need much pain medication.
I am beyond happy, and hope others in the same situation will be motivated to cross borders in order to have the surgery they want/need!
Laguna Beach OB/GYN

It was like a dream come true. I'm whole again. Dr. Alinsod is caring, compassionate and highly skilled. His bedside manner is amazing, I felt completely at ease and trusted him with whole my heart.