20yrs Old, a Ton of Acne Scarring, Hyperpigmentation and Melasma - Lafayette, LA

I spent all of my teenage years with very very...

I spent all of my teenage years with very very painful (and huge) cystic acne. I tried all topical treatments under the sun, as well as spa treatments and prescription medicines. My mother and I decided that I would try Accutane as a last resort. I had to be put on birth control as it is a requirement for Accutane. After starting BC, my skin got clearer and clearer.. making me realize that my acne was totally hormonal. I used Accutane for three months, 60mg a day for the first two months and 80mg a day for the last month. I think the 80mg was a little too strong for me because I started getting horrible pain in my wrist, to the point where moving my wrist even the slightest amount would result in a sharp pain. I stopped taking Accutane for that reason, yet I am still taking my birth control. I've seen maybe a maximum of three small pimples in the last six months (one of which is currently going away. It's been here for about a week and I picked at it :(. totally regret that). Anyway, my esthetician recommended a VI Peel, and I will be going to get one in the AM. I'll keep you guys posted with pictures & such throughout the next few days or weeks!

Day 1 (immediately after)

The "procedure" went well. My face is slightly burning but it is definitely bareable. It almost feels kind of numb. My nurse practitioner gave me the VI Peel take home kit and instructions on how to take care of my face for the next week. The only difference in my appearance is the slight bronze tint from the peel. I have to leave it on for at least four hours, but I will try to keep it until bedtime.

Day 2

So far my face is feeling a little tight. The texture is changing quite a bit around my mouth and on my chin so I can tell I will start peeling soon. I haven't experienced any real pain or discomfort. I had no trouble sleeping or falling asleep. My face seems to be a bit fluffy, or swollen.

Pictures from day 2

Day 3

Day 3 is when my actual peeling started. First place to peel was the crease on the outside of my nostrils. Then all around my mouth & chin.. and by that night, a small area of my forehead as well as my cheeks. The only itching I've felt so far was on my neck. I caught myself peeling and picking at the skin, so hopefully I stopped myself before it caused any damage.

Day 4

Almost all of the peeling has finished..my face feels pretty sunburnt though. I pretty much just have a little on my nose and right on the sides of my cheeks. Excited to see the end results!

Day 4

About three months post VI peel

So I totally forgot to do updates after my peel. I have seen improvement in my upper lip melasna and slight improvement in my scarring. I will be going to do my second VI Peel in two weeks!
Lux Spa

Had a great experience. My nurse practitioner was great and very thorough with explaining everything that I needed to know.