44 Years Old, Happily Married and Ready to Live! Lafayette, LA

I will be 45 in January and I'm 5' 5" and 265 lbs....

I will be 45 in January and I'm 5' 5" and 265 lbs. I will have my first consultation 1/8/2015. I do not have insurance so I'm paying out of pocket for this. I'm really nervous and need advice on what questions I need to ask. I want to have this surgery so bad, but I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing and that I will be taking care of just the same as someone with insurance.

44 Years Old, Happily Married and Ready to live!

I will be 45 in January and I'm 5' 5" and 265 lbs. I will have my first consultation 1/8/2015. I do not have insurance so I'm paying out of pocket for this. I'm really nervous and need advice on what questions I need to ask. I want to have this surgery so bad, but I want to make sure that I am doing the right thing and that I will be taken care of just the same as someone with insurance.

Getting closer to my consultation! January 8th!

Well, it's getting closer and I'm excited! We will see how excited I am after the consultation. As of right now I have an appointment with my OB GYN on Jan. 6th because I found out that I have a large cyst on my ovary. I hope that they say that it won't interfere with the procedure for my sleeve. Has anyone else had anything happen to them like this and they continued on with the surgery?

pre op appointment set

Ok, so my pre op appointment is on 1/20/2015. My surgery date us 2/2/2015. Very nervous. Prayers please.

Inspiration

Something to look forward to. When I look at clothes like this, it makes me want to move forward with this procedure more and more. I not only want to be comfortable in beautiful clothes but I want to be comfortable in my own skin. I'm setting a goal before I even have my surgery. I haven't been given a new diet plan yet, but however I am eating healthier and drinking more water now to try to get a jump start on the new me. Why wait? I think for me it will be easier this way.

Pre Op

Well today I completed my pre op class and visit with my doctor. My doctor is Dr. Gachassin in Lafayette Louisiana at Lafayette General Medical Center. I start my pre op diet tomorrow and I'm a little overwhelmed, but I'll get it. I know one thing, shopping healthy is very expensive. I'm very excited about my new life and journey. I know it won't always be easy at first but that's why I have you guys. I just want to say thanks in advance for being here for me. I will keep you posted.

Recovery day 3

Well, I had my sleeve procedure Monday morning at 8:00 am. Today is Wednesday and I'm feeling a lot better. I'm at home resting and trying to get in my water. I drank a protein drink and 2 Oz of pureed fruit and 10 Oz of water from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm, really hard to do as of now but I'll get there. I took all of my medicine and vitamins. Last night was a tough night, but today was a lot better. I'm excited about my new journey and I have my sister and a friend of mind that has had this procedure and they are really great at supporting me. My husband took his vacation to stay home with me and what an awesome support group I have. My stomach feels bubbly when I drink so that is kind of weird, but I belch alot and that kind of subsides the bubbly feeling. The only pain that I'm having is the one main incision where they removed part of the stomach, but other than that I feel great.

Happy, Happy, Happy

So, tomorrow will be 9 months since my surgery. I've lost 81 lbs and have 20 more to go. I'm at a stand still right now and I know it gets tougher as it goes to lose it,but I'm going to get this last 20 lbs off. I can do it! I feel like the old me again except now I'm new. Lol. I am enjoying life again and getting out doing the things I've always wanted to do. For Christmas I will be getting a Kayack so I can strengthen my arms while doing it enjoying the outdoors. I am so happy that I decided to go through with the Sleeve surgery.

Hello From The Other Side

Well, here I am 06/16/2016 and weighting in at 175 lbs. I still have not hit my goal that the doctor said was a good weight of 160 lbs but I'm feeling great and confident. It has been quite some time since I have posted. I have been working out so much that I wonder if I should up my protein now and if that could be a reason why I have not lost more weight. Please give me some insight on this. I live quite a distance from a support group so maybe you could help me.

Hello From the Other Side