47 Year Old Man Just Did the Procedure 2 Hours Ago - Treat for AK - Los Angeles, CA

Ok. I was so nervous going into this procedure....

Ok. I was so nervous going into this procedure. I've seen lots of youtube videos on here and stuff on this site...was praying the whole time under the light and blasted music the whole time. I timed out the time under the light to equal 2 songs. :). SO i was singing along and in no time it was over.

Under the light there we're some stinging going on in certain spots on my face. I told 2 advil an hour before my appointment.

i went home...it's not really bad at all yet..I've heard it's gonna get painful soon though. But in the end no matter what if you're killing bad things on your face that could be cancer later then who cares if a week of my life is hard...better than wishing it had it done and dying of skin cancer!

no pain no gain.

uploading my first set of pictures. Some redness for sure. but not insane.. I was burn surfing as a kid way worse on a few occasions.

will post more pics.

Day 2 of the PhotoDynamic Therapy

Just woke up. I Feel a little itchy in spots. Funny part is the places I feel a small tingle/intchy is the very top of my forehead, the middle of my nose and the middle of my chin...you could draw a perfect straight line from my chin to my forehead on the points of itch..weird...

not that red and I'm not seeing the gnarly reaction that many people get. I'm hoping it's working. Feels a little warm like I had some time in the sun. Not a crazy sunburn though..

I was under the light for the full 16.5 minutes and had the gel on for 90 minutes.

Day 3 Photodynamic therapy

Ok day 3 is no biggie...the red spots with AK are popping up and showing themselves..I didn't many of these before...

the skin feels a bit tighter but nothing crazy.

will post every day..hoping and praying those red spots go away!

the reason I didn't get the crazy reaction that some do is apparently is however bad the reaction is an indicator of how much sun damage a person has.

everyone should do this..

Day 5 - Since my Treatment. I used an electric shaver today

Mot much change. I did shave with an electric shaver.

I see more sun damage on my cheeks I haven't seen before.

hope this works :)

my face feels normal...

Mid Valley Dermatology - Jackie did the procedure over there. Love her!

Jackie was really helpful and gave me options. But I asked her which should would do herself and she by far the light as it's a treatment that just does it all at once. She said her worst cases are in very old people with skin you cannot see where the AK starts or stops. she's amazing!