32 Yrs Old, 2 Kids Later and Tired of Having Tiny Breasts Size AA Before Surgery - La Mesa, CA

I have always been a woman with small breasts and...

I have always been a woman with small breasts and have long considered having a breast augmentation. My final breaking point was when my tween daughter started passing me up in bra size. So of course I started researching many surgeons in my area, read reviews, checked out their websites, videos, photos, certifications, the differences plus pros and cons of saline vs silicone. You name it, I read it. Lucky for me, I have had many friends get the same surgery which also led to some referrals. I particularly loved the results and care that one of my friends received from her surgeon so I decided to schedule a consult with Dr. Pousti. I walked in feeling a little nervous, but that feeling soon went away as soon as my appointment started. I spent 2 hours at my consult with Dr. Pousti and his team. I have a petite frame and Dr. Pousti let me know his suggestions on size for my frame. I was very pleased with his suggestions, because he was airing on the side of safety from the beginning. He actually cares about his patients and his craft which made it easy for me to go forward with surgery. Plus his team is wonderful and attentive.
I scheduled my surgery a couple of months later.
Walking in the morning of surgery felt like a twilight zone. I had my boob-spiration photo board in hand and was so excited the day had finally come. It wasn't long before I was changed, talking to the nurses and anesthesiologist. My surgery actually started a little early which was nice! Dr. Pousti and I went over everything we had talked about at my consult and pre-op appointments to confirm we were all on the same page and assured me that I would have excellent results and was in good hands.
I am currently 8 days post op and I feel great! Not only do I feel good, but I did not bruise and have had minimal swelling. I think my husband is also pretty happy with the new "sisters!" I was able to discontinue meds after 3 days. I would describe the soreness I felt initially to that of a hard upper body day at the gym. I have had 2 appts since surgery and a phone call from Dr. Pousti's team every single day following. That just shows their commitment to their patients. Dr. Pousti and his team are second to none.
The one thing I would advise for anyone who knows they are sensitive to anesthesia would be to ask for Phenergen suppositories. You will get all of your meds prior to surgery, but unfortunately, Zofran did not cut it for me and I started vomiting shortly (not fun after breast aug) after I returned home from surgery and did not stop until dr. was able to call in the suppository for me. Within 30-45 mins of the Phenergen kicking in, I was able to take my pain meds, eat a little and sleep. By the way, Dr. Pousti was available to help us (my husband and I) every step of the way after hours to help get me comfortable and that was amazing.
My other suggestion would be to have someone to help you around the clock for a good week if you can. Your experience will be best if you can just relax and heal. Especially for you moms out there. I will follow up as I progress through healing! Dr. Pousti is the best!
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

All interactions with Dr. Pousti and his team were positive. I could not be happier with the level of professionalism and care I have received.