Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss! - La Jolla, CA

Here we go again! I have hit my goal weight after...

Here we go again! I have hit my goal weight after having weight loss surgery in June 2015 and my health insurance has approved me for a tummy tuck to remove my excess skin! I have worked hard over the 15 months and have lost 115lbs! Luckily, the only place I have extra skin is my stomach area. I'm worried about my recovery, pain, and most worried about the drains and what that will feel like! :/. Will document my journey here so everyone considering a TT will know what to expect!

1 day post op

Yesterday was my surgery. Everything went really well. I'm still in the hospital today and am in A LOT of pain. It's definitely worse than I was expecting and a lot worse than the sleeve surgery. Trying to hang in here and remind myself of why I did this.... posting some before pics. I'll write more when I'm home and feeling up to it.
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

My consultation is the only appointment I've gone to so far and as soon as I met Dr. Apostolides I knew he was the one I wanted to do my surgery! He is warm and friendly and answered all of my questions. He is also the only surgeon who recommended I submit my claim to my insurance company since I had weight loss surgery. Amazingly, it was approved!!