Its Very Early One but So Far, So Good - La Jolla, CA

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Well, so far so good. The pre-care was exceptional...

Well, so far so good. The pre-care was exceptional. Once I had researched for many months different reviews on doctors, and patient opinions on several websites, including Real Self I made the decision to choose PacificLipo in La Jolla. I spoke to a woman named Stephanie quite a few times to ask different question regarding Pre-Care & After Care supplements I wanted to purchase to enhance my healing. I found another site, which offered both these supplements at a very reasonable cost, and had received rave reviews. Stephanie was very helpful and patient with my questions and concerns. She always listened and called me back immediately if she did not have a ready answer. Customer Service is paramount to me and she exceeded my expectations.

Well now on to my PA Rod Davis. Rod has an extremely calm and relaxed demeanor. He made it very clear at the onset of our conversation he was a Physicians Assistant, and I appreciated his honesty and integrity. I felt instantly comfortable, and knew immediately he would take great care with me. He was extremely detailed in his explanation of what kinds of medication he was administering to me, and what kind of result I could expect from my procedure.

Once I was in the procedural room, I was given the pain medication, which stung a bit at first but that has to be expected. Then the tumescent fluid was inserted, that felt so weird to feel that tube underneath your skin, but hey, it was full of lovely lidocaine, so that is all good. At some of the tender spots, those are the spots with the most nerve endings, it felt a bit like a rubber-band popping on your skin, but that was alleviated once the lidocaine kicked in. He took his time and made sure that I had a great experience. He is a perfectionist, and has done over 15,000 procedures, but he does not treat you as if you are on a production line. I appreciated that care, and attention to detail.

I had two procedures in two days. First day my inner thighs and back were done. Second day my upper and lower abdomen and flanks were done. My second day was calmer for me, because I knew what to expect, and he had already marked me up from my first day. Therefore, that made it faster to get on the table. Second day the procedure was just as meticulous and detailed as the first day. I had some scar tissue from and old lipo procedure on my stomach, so he had to cut through that to give me a smoother appearance. He was very gentle, and it was a breeze, the area around the belly button was a little tender, but that is to be expected. Not fond of my compression garment, WOW they never tell you how tight that bad boy is going to be. However, it is necessary for a tight result.

This is only one day post-procedure and I can see that my underarm fat is significantly lower. I already ordered my Stage two garment I emailed several to Stephanie and I think she was impressed with the one I chose. It is seamless with sleeves, and which means no creases on my skin. Very, very important with liposuction as the skin is soft and loose and no creases needs to be pressed into the skin. Day after first surgery I am already developing the scabs over my back lipo holes, that is really fast and I know it was probably because of my pre-surgery supplements. My back is actually not very sore at all. However, my stomach is pretty sore. I was told its like the feeling after a C-section, because it hurts to laugh, or cough, or stand up, or sit down, or lay down etc.etc. lol… very sore. I was given Tylenol, along with antibiotics, and pills for swelling. I was also given a lovely goodie bag with granola with other goodies, and plenty of absorbent pads. So, as I said only one day out but so far so good Ill update as I heal, and I am including some pre-pictures.

Here is my three week update. I am so glad I was...

Here is my three week update. I am so glad I was able to read all the various reviews on RealSelf about the after effects of liposuction like bruising, swelling, lumps, and skin hardening etc. etc. or I may have slightly panicked about my recovery. However, I decided to be proactive and take the advice of some the ladies and doctors on this site. After my first week post procedure, once all the draining had ceased, I hired a mobile masseuse to come to my house three times a week for a lymphatic drainage massage. I wanted a mobile masseuse because I was still too stiff and sore to feel like travelling anywhere, besides work and home. The first massage was painful even though the masseuse was gentle because my skin was so sensitive to touch. However, afterwards I almost felt like myself pre procedure. I was able to move around, and my pain level decreased drastically. With each massage my skin has become less numb and sensitive, my swelling has decreased, and my range of motion is expanding. Also, whenever my masseuse feels a lump forming that is where he concentrates to smooth it out. It’s painful but it is effective. This all has made me quite happy because I had read some people were experiencing numbness and lumps for months on end.
Well, even with the massage I still have swelling, which I expected because I had quite a few areas done. Plus, it’s only been three weeks so I’m not expecting miracles. What I had been dreading finally began in the second week is the itching, which I found unbearable. I took Benadryl which helped a bit but it prompted me to start searching for other remedy’s women had used to assist in recovering more quickly from liposuction. I came across a review on Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Therapy. The review said hyperbaric oxygen can: Help resolve unexpected complications post-surgery. Dramatically reduce post-surgical bruising, swelling, and inflammation. Speed up healing and recovery time from elective surgery. Well, I decided to find someone in my area because faster healing equals less itching. That incentive made my decision for me. Finding a doctor who did it in my area was not easy but thank God I found one. I scheduled an appointment, and saw the doctor the next day. I had my first treatment, and I was in HEAVEN. I fell asleep in the chamber and my itching diminished quite a bit. I saw a decrease in my swelling the next day. I went for another session 3 days later, and my itching has now decreased dramatically. I scheduled 8 more sessions of HBOT. I believe that between my massages and oxygen therapy I am going to be well on my way to a smooth recovery. It’s only my third week so I know I have a long road ahead but anything to make it less pain, itch and lump free is really my goal. I hope this is of help to some of you.
Last but not least I love, love, love my compression garment, it is seamless and it holds me really tightly. The zipper is in the back and I can just pull it on completely zipped and hook the front up. I am so glad I found it. As a side note, it’s weird because even though it’s soft cotton on the inside. I find when I wear it inside out (which I did accidently one day) I itch less, go figure.
Rod Davis

My review says it all ;)

5 out of 5 stars Overall rating
5 out of 5 stars Doctor's bedside manner
5 out of 5 stars Answered my questions
5 out of 5 stars After care follow-up
5 out of 5 stars Time spent with me
5 out of 5 stars Phone or email responsiveness
5 out of 5 stars Staff professionalism & courtesy
5 out of 5 stars Payment process
5 out of 5 stars Wait times
Was this review helpful? {{ voteCountOthers + ' other' + (voteCountOthers == 1 ? '' : 's') }} found this helpful