55 Years Old, Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty

I was tired of my eyes looking tired! I'd begun to...

I was tired of my eyes looking tired! I'd begun to realize that they felt always felt tired even when I was completely rested. They felt heavy even. I've always had under eye bags but as I aged they got worse. Cover up didn't cover the dark circles.

I decided to have both upper and lower done and even though it was rough the first week or so, it wasn't unbearable and was so worth it! I think the hardest part was at first my eyes were so dry and felt gritty and gunky, even when I could tell they were going to look good once healed. Seeing myself after surgery was pretty shocking too--I hadn't seen any pictures of anyone with as much bruising and stitches as I had! However, the bruising improved quickly even though it didn't disappear completely for quite some time, which I expected since I bruise easily and hang on to my bruises normally.

I could quickly see that it would make a big difference and that I'd look more rested and youthful. But after several weeks I saw a picture of another woman my age who had the same procedure and had beautiful results. I noticed she was wearing eyeliner which was very flattering and thought I'd try some myself. I hadn't been able to wear it for years--well I COULD, but it would transfer onto my upper lids almost immediately, so why bother? To my surprise, I was not only able to use eyeliner (thought it felt very weird to apply), it stayed on all day, even after a grueling workout! I've even noticed my eyelashes seem much longer. So a few benefits I didn't expect , in addition to the ones I hoped for.

A few afters

Will post the rest of my recovery pictures tonight! Here's a few afters though, so you can see that it all turns out ok in the end!

A few more after pictures

Things continue to go well, scars aren't invisible, but Dr says they will flatten and improve more over time. If by chance they don't, he will do a small scar revision, so I'm not concerned. I am so pleased with my results, my eyes feel more alert, lighter somehow, and I don't look as tired and sad as I did. I feel it's taken years off of my face and have been told that numerous times. Didn't expect to look 30 afterwards and I don't, so no surprise there ???? I do still have quite a bit of odd numbness and they feel strange when I raise my eyebrows and open my eyes wide, but that seems a small price to pay and should improve with time. Still loving that I can wear eye make up and it lasts all day without eyeliner transferring to upper lid. Oh another unexpected benefit--my previously "short" eyelashes have transformed into some decent ones. Are they really longer or do they just seem longer because my lids are more exposed?
San Diego Plastic Surgeon

Wonderful, skilled doctor and fantastic staff!