64 Yrs Old with Breast Lift Implants and Tissue Graft - La Jolla, CA

Breast surgery journey I'm 64 yrs old I've had...

Breast surgery journey I'm 64 yrs old I've had four children and this is not my first Breast implant surgery.
Now Bear with me this is long but will be very helpful for those whom are considering breast implants. If you are willing to maintain your breasts and realize it's a life long process then continued to read on..One thing to understand if you decide to get implants it's not a one time and be done surgery . Almost every 10-15 years they will probably need replacing they are not meant to last forever even if the warranty says lifetime, our bodies change due to gravity, illnesses accidents, cancer or aging our skin loosens and thins out as we age. I figure over the course of my journey I have spent at least $80,000 maybe more replacing due to one issue or another. However not all women experience what I have but more than not will have to have replacement/revisions at some point.
1983 decided to get silicone breast implants. This was the beginning of many complications over the course of 33 years. I have had a total of 11 breast surgeries a good portion due to malfunctions and other issues. This is not the norm but it can occur.

So after many issues and several failed implants and after several years my skin had stretched out and rather than have a lift the correct way because of the tremendous costs and a limited budget I opted To just go bigger to fill up space of the stretched loose skin. I simply didn't not have the several thousands of dollars to do it the correct way. Ironically at the time of the complications I learned the implants were from a manufacturer called "Mentor" in the early/mid 90s the whole industry were having Legal issues with silicone implants there were many class action lawsuits and although I was not part of them, they were eventually temporarily banned from the market Until the FDA defamed the implants as safe, so I had to settle with saline. A few years later the left saline implant had ruptured. It was under the muscle. Fortunately for me the legal ban on silicone implants were getting approved
But the only way I was able to qualify for the silicone implant again was if I joined a study from Mentor, this was the only way I was able to qualify and afford the newly designed silicon implants by becoming part of a study so the new silicone devises were placed back in my breasts. Unfortunately I was never followed and I fell through the cracks of the study but as far as I knew I was not having implant issues. That I could tell but. Now 13 years later the skin has loosened again the implants droop they feel like they're starting to Be uncomfortable and causing back pain. I can feel ripples and they are painful. I made an appt for a monogram concerned it could be cancer but all was normal however the breast center suggested That I seek,advice from a plastic surgeon.after all my complications we went through all my options I did not want to have no breasts so we decided to implant new silicone and much smaller to possible avoid the same issues with larger implants.

After much research decided to go with Dr. John Smoot M.D.,F.A.C.S at Lajolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre, Lajolla Calif.
He was honest and straightforward and suggested I remove the 600cc and reduce me to anywhere between 250cc-400cc I gave him the go ahead to proceed with the surgery Dr. Smoot also suggested I go with a fairly new procedure called strattice dermal grafts it was not required but this product is highly successful for patients with my extensive problems he felt it would give me optimum results. . I Also a had a lift, with alot of excess skin removed with my nipple revised and areola made a bit smaller I have 425cc smooth Silicone memory, moderate profile,under the muscle. Basically "this was not an easy surgery imusedmall,of my skills and am confident yiu will be happy with the outcome "The before after photos show the tremendous work done but I believe I will have a fantastic result. Here are Before and after photos and I will continue to post updates. Thank you please excuse any typos. I am not a writer.
My new breast size are appropriate for my body and

Side view before

Before photos

Gosh I hope these photos are not turned sideways but hopefully you get the idea 600cc they are heavy I wore a 32G uugh to heavy for me

2 days PO

They don't even look like my breasts they are 425cc but I think I'm going to like them I already feel better ????

16 days PO

Hi All,
16 days very little pain but burning sensation I hear is normal.
The Doctor said I do t have to massage because of the strattice dermal graft placed inside p. That alone was worth the extra $3,000 I've had so many issues with my breast I finally feel like I have what I've always wanted but had to wait till I was 64.... I feel like that should be a song...lol haha anyway, here are a couple of pics p. I have tape on them but in a few days I'll post some pics without the tape. The scars are amazing, the brusing is almost gone and the size is perfect for my body...looks like I'm going to have to shop for shirts that fit now and in all the right places....woo hoo
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon