Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery - Knoxville, TN

I am 65 yrs old, and inherited my dad's eyes. I...

I am 65 yrs old, and inherited my dad's eyes. I have always wished I had more open upper eyelids, and had been thinking of surgery since I was in my 40s. But now that I am retired and have more time for such things, I decided to go for it. I decided to do lower and upper. I was put to sleep, as my doctor said he routinely uses general anesthesia if lower lids are involved. I had no pain, and felt like I healed quickly. The main discomfort was watery eyes. I iced my eyelids every 15-20 minutes (15 min on, 15 min off) for first week, and slept with my head elevated for about 2 weeks. Upper stitches were removed after 1 week, and lower stitches dissolved on their own. I feel it opened up my eyes, and made me look rested and hopefully younger. I would definitely do it again.

More pictures as requested

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gallaher did a great job, and is still following up with me to make sure all is well. His office staff is very caring and does a good job explaining all the details before and after.