49 Years Old Tired of Lugging Around 42f Breasts Decided to Have Breast Reduction - Knoxville, TN

Was tired of the heaviness of my breast, sweating...

Was tired of the heaviness of my breast, sweating underneath, moving around them for sleep and how I looked in my clothes. Also one was bigger than the other. Now they are near perfect! I love them! Asked my gyno who she recommends. I had consultation with DR. TOM GALLAHER. I didn't need to shop around as my husband and I felt completely comfortable and confident with him. He does not take insurance on Breast Reductions but I had already decided before I met with him that I was not going to jump thru hoops for insurance and have to fight them for a year. I also did not want them telling me how much to take off or to lose weight.
I went in to surgery center day of surgery at 5:30. They checked me in, took me back asked me a bunch of questions. Put iv in. The anesthesiologist came and talked to me. Dr. G came by and marked me up talked to me again about my wishes. Promptly at 7 they wheeled me to operating room. The anesthesiologist put a mask over my face and said right now this is just oxygen. Then he said I am gonna put some meds in your iv. It will be cold and then you will go night night. Lol. Next thing I know I am in another area. Still don't know where that was. I know they were talking to my hubby but I really wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. They say me up. I had a little burning as I was cut almost to my shoulder blades. That was to get that fat roll back there doc later told me. They put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me to my car. I didn't even know hubs left to get it. Lol but I was awake. Got home slept mostly for 2 days in recliner. Still in recliner but try bed ever night. I am side sleeper so I will sleep on my back but then an uncontrollable urge to turn on side takes over so back to recliner. Had pain for probably a week. Took pain meds and muscle relaxers. I've was my best friend. Someone maybe on here told me about getting large sponges and wetting them the freeze. I double zip locked bagged mine. They worked so good would stay frozen for hours. 20 minutes on 20 minutes off. I was careful not to put on nipples. I started taking stool softener 2 days before surgery and after plus put miralax in my coffee every morn. Kept me from having bathroom troubles. I also started eating a half a cup of pineapple 2 days before surgery and still eating it. It has amazing healing benefits! My husband is so good to me and does everything. I really needed him the first 4 days, the first shower and to help change bandages and get my front closure sports bra on. I used maxi pads to keep bra from rubbing incisions. I didn't take tape covering off just stuck them in my bra. Went back to work Friday. Limited schedule. I am hairstylist. Will try to post pics soon.

21 days PO. So pleased!

Here are some more pictures. Will add newer ones soon. Before and after. They have dropped more and look so much better now!

22 days PO PIC

Looking better

38 days PO. Feel great. Love my new

Loving my new boobs. No neck, back or shoulder pain. Finally able to sleep on my sides probably for a week now.

6 weeks tomorrow

Sunday I started scrubbing my kitchen from top to bottom. About 3 hours into it I thought. You know I better not over do so I didn't finish it all. I will be 6 weeks tomorrow. Today I am in pain. The full part of my breasts on the sides hurt and my incisions on bottom and to the back feel like stitches are pulling. Still very Happy. Just wanted to let you all know to do but not Overdo.
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gallaher is awesome! I am so pleased with my results and have had no complications. I love his staff too. Would highly recommend.