29 Yr Old, Size 36E. No Kids!

Welp, I'm posting for the first time because I am...

Welp, I'm posting for the first time because I am finally approved by OHIP for this surgery. I had my consult back in November and was expecting to have the procedure done before the summer but it took longer than that. I'm terrified of the pain post op, but reading the reviews on here has given me some comfort. I know several people who have had it done, including my sister who went from a 38GG to a 38C (same surgeon I will be seeing) and she was soooo happy with the results. I can't wait to get my set date, the office told me they would call me 3 weeks before but it will definitely by in September or early October. I will be posting some pictures soon!

Got a date!!

Ok so I got the call yesterday and I'm scheduled for my BR on September 12th; less than 3 weeks!! I'm so so excited, I'm not even nervous right now. I'm sure that will come the closer I get ahah. The only thing I'm wondering about is that I'm planning on going to a small music festival 2 weeks post op and it is camping. Do you all think I will be ok if I take it easy? I'm also adding some photos to this post to give you guys an idea of my current size. I'm 5' 8" and weigh approx 155lbs.

Got a little treat

I was wondering Walmart today and found this swimsuit on sale for $15! I've always wanted a cut out and soon I'll be able to wear one! This'll probably be the only article of clothing I get before the surgery because I know that you really never know what size you'll be until the end.

Preop done. Surgery in 12 days!!

I had my preop done yesterday, all went well. I had some blood work done (hate needles) and height, weight, ect.. The nurses were very nice and said that since I was healthy they surgery should go well. I've got a lot of stress going on right now with a roommate who is moving out unexpectedly and the other one (my best friend) lost his job, so I'm worried about the bills falling on me. I'm so thankful that I have a friend who is letting me stay at her house after the surgery to recover. She's older than I am and has gone through this procedure before so I will feel very safe there. Getting really nervous!!

Surgery tomorrow!!!!

Well, tomorrow is the big day! I went shopping yesterday and picked up a bunch of things I thought I'd need: extra strength Tylenol, Stool softener, Arnicare (topical arnica gel) a front zip sports bra, a front close night gown, 3 new pillows (that makes 5 total), a bunch of gatorade, crackers, protein packed veggies/beans/grains/eggs (I'm a vegetarian).

The surgery is scheduled for 7:45am, they asked me to be at the hospital for 6:30. I've asked my best friend/roommate to come with me, he'll keep me the most calm plus he knows everything about me so if I blurt something stupid while coming to, I won't be embarrassed ahah. For some reason I'm actually worried about that, so silly! He'll be keeping my family updated as well.

I'm pretty calm right now, it's actually confusing me because I'm normally a very anxious person. I'm super freaked about the pain though, it's the only thing I'm afraid of, my doctor gave me .5mg of Ativan because she knows how freaked I am. I know .5 is basically nothing but I'm going to take it before bed regardless.

Does anyone have any other advice for me? It doesn't seem like my review is getting much interest but writing it out is helping with this journey regardless.

My next post will most like be made from the other side. That picture is of my spilling out of my DDD.. I can't wait to have small boobies!!!

Surgery tomorrow!!!!

My next post will most like be made from the other side. The that picture is of my spilling out of my DDD.. I can't wait to have small boobies!!!

On the other side!!

Well I made it! Surgery was super quick. When I was first called in around 8am they took me into a small room and I chatted with my PS, he was very direct about what I needed to know and said he would make me a C cup. He also said I was free to shower tomorrow if I wanted to, just to keep the tape over the incisions. So he drew on me using this weird metal guide and then he said he would see me there!

Then the Anesthesiologist came to talk to me, she was soooo nice, she even asked what kind of music I would like for the surgery. I told her alternative hehe.

After that they made me say goodby to my friend, I hugged him a little too long because I was scared and felt a bit like crying. Then I was escorted to the OR and they asked me a couple questions, my full name, what procedure am I having done. The anesthesiologist even delivered with the music and I got to fall asleep to Blind Melon!

Next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery, it was around 10am and I didn't feel much besides a bit of stinging. Thank goodness I don't have drains either... They gave me two tylenols and a Dilaudid and after a bit I felt nothing. I asked the nurse how much he had removed and she told me about 1.5lbs from each side, that seems crazy to me! Once I was up and awake enough to go to the bathroom, I was allowed to leave!

All in all I was there for 5 hours, but the first hour was waiting in the waiting room so I'd say I did pretty great!

I'm in a bit of pain now but mostly because I was just up walking around and lifting my arms ect.. I ate a bagel with butter for dinner which hit the spot! I just took two more Dilaudid so now I plan on binge watching The Office and hopefully getting some sleep, so happy I did this!!

Here they are!

I'm so exhausted today so I won't write too much but I wanted to add some pictures because I'm so over the moon!

I had a friend come over today to change my dressings (she's a nurse) and was able to see them for the first time. I'm so soo in love with them! You can see in the pictures where the marker is on my tummy, that's where they originally hung!! They are bruising a bit, does anyone know if it's safe to start using the Arnica gel right away?

I thought they looked to be about a B cup but my friend says they look more like a C to her.

I'm really sore today but it's bearable, and I'm still taking the hydromorphone. Using ice packs has really helped as well. Going to go back to sleep now though, I'm so drowsy!