Time to Take Care of Myself - New Jersey

Hello my RS ladies!! I am so late writing my...

Hello my RS ladies!! I am so late writing my review as I stumbled on this site 3 months post-op after my extended tummy tuck with muscle repair, no lipo. Just turned 5 months post-op on Sept. 11 2014.
Im getting a breast reduction next year, my boobs are too big too!!You ladies are such an inspiration to me and I love all your stories. I am a 55 year old mother with 2 adult children and now an empty nester!! (Hooray!) My double stomachs have been with me for way too long and since my children are out of college and on their own....I figured it was time for be to take care of myself.
I don't have my pre-op pictures as I never wanted to see my double stomachs again and never took pictures. As soon as I get them from my PS I will post them so you can see them. Thank you Sexy4Life for giving me instructions on how to write my review on the site, I'm not tech savvy.....you actually inspired me!! Okay ladies.... thank you for posting your journeys....you all are gorgeous!!

Mepitac Strips (2 Weeks of Wear)

Hello RS ladies or Men :),
I just wanted to show how excited I am about the Mepitac silicone strips recommended by Sexy4Life and how they are working for me. I highly recommend them. Happy Healing!!

Searching For a Surgeon

Hello RealSelf Community,
I am on a search for a board certified plastic surgeon for a BBL with fat transfer.I need a butt and have never been happy with the one I have. You can view my flat booty on my profile. It needs help. Has anyone had a BBL with fat transfer done by Pat Pazmino MD,FACS ? I have been doing alot of research on him and I like what I am reading. I would appreciate some advice and experiences from anyone who had this procedure as well as recommendations for a surgeon.

7 Month Update/ Pre-BBL/Breast Reduction Photos

My Tummy Tuck was April 11, 2014. My weight at the time was 197 lbs. and current weight remains at 171lbs. I used to wear size 16 in dresses but now wear a 12 or 14 depends how it's cut.I wear a 14 in jeans (used to wear a 16) and can even wear a size 12 but my flanks and waist are too thick and it's tight in my waist. I plan to lose 12 pounds before my BBL with fat transfer as it is important at the time of the surgery to be satisfied with your weight as you can lose or gain your butt with weight fluctuation. It is too cold now to walk my usual 3.25 miles 3-4 times weekly so I have in home DVD walking tapes.I use Leslie Sansone walking exercise DVD's, they are fun walking tapes.I don't have my pre-op photos yet from my PS. My PS did an amazing job with my stomach, it was overlapping and rubbing on my thighs and I would get a nasty rash from moisture because they overlapped. I had no complications from my surgery ie, no seroma, infections, etc. My drainage tubes were in for 3 weeks though, I was draining a lot.I can't even complain about pain as I never allowed it. I took my Percocet faithfully every 4 hours for 2 weeks. My sister, daughter and fiancé ( my fiancé was grossed out about the drainage tubes though) were extremely supportive and pampered me immensely. I took a month off from work and had a great time relaxing.I did not get lipo nor did my PS recommend it as I have a too thick waist,back fat, fat flanks and upper abdominal fat. However, I do understand that a surgeon can't cut it all out, that's where lipo comes in to sort of give the tummy a trim. A good example to me is when you cut a lawn and to finish the job you trim your bushes and edge your sidewalk. To me that's what lipo does and if one has a lot of abdominal fat,(like I had) lipo is necessary. Since I have decided to throw a BBL in, I am now glad I did not get lipo because I need it for my fat transfer and now have enough fat. I have a skype consultation with Dr. Pat Pazmino from Miami, Florida on Nov 21. He has great reviews, videos etc. As I am continuing to research as I'm not getting my BBL or breast reduction for another year and a half. My current PS has not done a lot of BBL's that's why I have not chose him. He is mainly breasts and tummy. I'll have him do my breast reduction, he is good at doing them.
I took some more pictures, boy were they hard to take. It's easier when someone else takes them. Anyway....my tummy feels just a little numb per my muscle repair and my intermittent swelling still occurs when I'm really active. My scar is healing nicely, Sexy4Life's recommendation of Mepitac silicone strips was very helpful. I still need more work on my body and I thank everyone for such inspirational stories, experiences and information. I read a lot of everyone's journeys and I find them very helpful.

Very Disappointed

I have been trying to get my pre-op photos from Dr. Richard Glunk for over a year and a half.
(My tummy tuck was done on April 14,2014.) One month after my surgery his office was closed ( he told me his office was closed because he broke his shoulder)and he promised me that when his office re-opened he would get them to me. He kept telling me to call him back every time I called him. I called him three times afterwards and he kept telling me his office wasn't open yet. His office was closed for a long time. Today I was going to call him again after two years and just knew his office would be open after ALL this time. I really wanted my pre-op photos as I never took any pre-op photos of myself before surgery and I want them now to see how far I have come and for my own records. To my amazement I discovered he has retired, I seen it posted on-line when I looked up his number! I am very disappointed as I can never get those pictures,not sure if he ever intended to give them to me or even if he had them. I thought he was a nice person and feel very disappointed that he never contacted me or made an effort to get me my pictures to me. Wow...... I thought he was a person of integrity.... You live and learn.

Dr. Pat Pazmino is An Artist! Miami, Florida

Dr.Pazmino did an excellent job on my BBL. I investigated other surgeon's and knew he was the one 2 years ago when I started my search. My Iconsult with him was pleasant and he answered all my questions. I wasn't looking to leave NJ where I am from, but I was impressed with not only his skill from his extensive data base but his attitude that every woman's body is not the same. He did not have "the cookie cutter's" approach to a BBL. Not only does he give you a butt, he likes to sculpt the body so it will be in proportion to your butt. I love the hourglass shape he gave me along with my butt. I had my BBL on April 14,2016 and am 3 months post op and am very pleased. I still have a ways to go but my swelling is going down.
I loved his staff too. Malena, his aesthetic assistant is a sweetheart and so is Cathy, his office manager. I didn't meet everyone but I loved the entire atmosphere of his office. His office is state of the art, beautiful,clean and classy. Cathy was helpful via all my communication to the office before my procedure and even arranged a ride for me within my budget from the surgical center to my hotel. Malena was a sweetheart when she processed my pre-op and explained everything to me, took pictures and made me feel comfortable. Everyone was professional and all work as a team. :)

Pre-op and Post-op Picture 2 weeks

Pictures on the left are pre-op, the ones on the right are post op 2 weeks. Lots of swelling but an improvement.

One day post op

A lot of swelling as expected.

3 month update

Pictures on the left are me now 3 months post op, pictures on the right are 6 weeks post op.
I'm so glad I took pictures so I could compare my progress. I focused on the swelling and didn't even realize it is going down. Per Dr. Pazmino's instructions, I still wear my compression garment 23 hrs. a day with my front ab board and my back pad.

This one didn't upload too clear.

Left picture is me now 3 month post op and the right is 6 weeks post op. What a difference in my waist!! Wearing compression faithfully for 23 hrs daily is really paying off.

6 weeks post op pictures

Sorry for all the boobs and bush, forgot how to put emoji's on the private parts.

3 month post op pictures

Me now 3 months post op, sorry for the bush and boobs, forgot how to put emoji's in the private parts. Still swollen, I still wear compression 23 hrs a day per Dr. Pazmino and am very pleased with my results so far.
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

He was the best and I am very satisfied with my tummy tuck. Will be getting breast reduction next year from him too. Everyone was friendly in his office. He was professional, friendly and I was very comfortable with my consultation and his expertise. I highly recommend him....he could have sold me on getting lipo for my back fat, but he asked me to exercise and see if in six months how I would look. As a PS, he did not push me to do surgery first and I appreciate that. Can't wait to get my breast reduction from him, he was great, glad I went to him.