46- Monovision LASIK - Katy, TX

I have worn glasses or contact for 35 years with a...

I have worn glasses or contact for 35 years with a -4.75 and -4.25. I got tired of my glasses and couldn't wear contacts due to an unspecified eye allergy. I decided on Mann Eye Katy and Dr. Wright was my surgeon.

Surgery Day - I was a little nervous as this is my only pair of eyes! They gave me some valium and ibuprofen before surgery but it was my turn before the meds could kick in. I didn't feel any discomfort and only mild pressure on my eyes during the flap creation. The procedure was so fast I couldn't get too worked up about it. They checked my eyes and gave me the shields and some sun glasses for the ride home. I could see but it was challenging with my cloudy vision and the shields with holes in them. I am not much of a napper so I just went home and laid down, but I closed my eyes for about 3 hours. I got up and I could see much better. I had some blurry vision and halos around lights but it was pretty amazing how well I was seeing. I got up and ate a little and went to bed early.

Day 1 - I woke up the next morning and I was seeing 20/15 at my follow up appointment less that 24 hours from my surgery.

During my first week my eyes were slightly dry but not bad. I still had some challenges with bright lights and when I first got up (early morning and still dark) if I get on my laptop or when I look at my cell phone screen when the screen brightness is reduced.

Day 7 - I went to the follow up and I am still seeing 20/15. However they might need to adjust my reading vision eye a little as I am having issues looking at anything very close. This will be determined in the next few months since my vision is still improving with the healing.

Day 12 - My eyes are improving with the low light and early morning vision. I haven't noticed much dry eye but I am still using my drops as recommended.

Overall, I am very happy with Mann Eye Katy and Dr. Wright. The staff is awesome and everyone I have had contact with - 4 Dr's and multiple assistants - are very professional.
Dr. Brian Wright

So far, so great! I will update this if anything changes during my follow up appointments.