Pre Surgery. Hoping to Schedule for September 2016 - Kansas City, KS

Consultation Done

Met with Dr. Young June 1st. Great bedside manner, Staff is attentive. Price is reasonable. Answered most of my questions. I say most because I thought of more when I left his office. You know how that goes. I was told to do other consultations before making my final decision. I have not seen very many pics of his work and that is what I told the office staff when I called a couple of days later. My work schedule doesn't allow me a lot of time to do many consultations and was hoping this consultation would be the one.

Count down: September 13, 2016. I'm anxious, nervous, scared, excited. I have been collecting supplies to support my recovery. Will start posting more pics and comments from this point, but not today. Long day at sleepy.

Well it has been a while since I gave an update. I'm scheduled for September 13,2016. I'm excited and nervous. My surgeon is Dr. Levi Young in Overland Park, Kansas. I put down my deposit a few weeks ago to lock in the date. Will pay the balance 2 weeks before surgery. My only concern is I have a lap ban with a standard port. Did some reading on changing to low profile port during surgery and went to see my lap ban doctor (will have fluid removed from lap ban prior to surgery). I asked the nurse if the doctor could change to a low profile port during surgery. Was told he does not change ports. Now I am concerned about any issues that may occur post surgery. Looking for feedback.

11 days pre-op

Well the day is getting closer. Had all the fluid removed from my lap ban on the 1st, per the request of my surgeon. I have been burping ever since. Trying not to go food crazy because there are so many foods I have not eaten since 2009 because of the ban. I have collected most of my supplies and taking my vitamins daily with my stool softeners. I plan to really clean the house prior to surgery. I'm so excited. I will post more before pics before the big day.