Lip Lift - Jupiter, FL

I've always had a long space between my nose and...

I've always had a long space between my nose and upper lip, and my lip was a bit asymmetrical so I had the lip lift done by Dr. Mardirossian to correct this. He and his office staff were very helpful and friendly, as usual. The procedure took about an hour in his office. I was given injections of numbing agents (lidocaine?) and my lip immediately swelled up. I had my eyes closed most of the time but occasionally opened them to see what was going on. I saw the thin strip of skin the doctor was removing. It looked so tiny! Then he cauterized me and stitched me up.

I was quite swollen immediately afterward. It started decreasing on day 3, and was totally gone by day 4. I kept the stitches moist with antibacterial ointment both to help healing and so I couldn't feel them itch too bad. The first day or two there was some uncomfortableness, but I wouldn't really call it painful. On day 7 I went back to the doctor to get the stitches removed. You can definitely see the scar at this point. I go back to work in 3 days so hopefully some of the redness will go away and I'll be able to cover it with makeup. I've attached 4 pictures - before, the swelling the day of the surgery, the stitches as the swelling started to go down, and the day the stitches were removed (day 7). I can see the shortening of the distance between the nose and upper lip and I'm very very happy with that. The asymmetry wasn't corrected, so I'm taking off a point and a half for that. So as of now, I give Dr. M an 8.5 out of 10 for this procedure. I'll update in a week or two to check the progress of the scar healing.
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mardirossian is always friendly, professional, and easy going.