38yo Woman Seeking More Feminine Facial Shape - Jupiter, FL

Hi everyone, this site helped me research results...

Hi everyone, this site helped me research results and healing process for jaw contouring so i want to add my two cents. I am a woman but my facial shape was very masculine so i sought doctors whose expertise is in femininity. I went with Dr. Vartan Mardarossian in Jupiter FL. I was also developing bags under my eyes and had them removed. Dr. M and his staff were very easy going and professional. I felt very comfortable with everyone. The surgery was done in his office and I spent the night in a local hotel where they had a corporate rate. I had virtually no bruising or swelling immediately after, but now it's two days later and i look like a chipmunk ready for winter. Still very little bruising under my eyes though, which i'm very happy about.

Will post pictures later. Answered Not Sure to was it worth it because it's only been two days and i can't see the result yet.

Before pics, and immediately after

9 Days Post Op

I'm out of town visiting friends, and the good news is they don't know that I had the jaw contouring done. (I did tell them about the lower bleph) I could tell they thought something was different, but that maybe they thought I gained weight and was showing it in my face. I'm eating regular food now, but still try to stick to softer foods because the stitches haven't dissolved yet and chewing can be a little painful. For non-soft foods, I just take tiny bites and chew slowly and carefully, mainly with my front teeth. I still have a fair amount of swelling and soreness. I'll post more pictures soon.

Day 16 Post Op

Just over two weeks post-op. The swelling is going down and I can chew lightly, but there are a couple of areas that are still a bit sore. The stitches haven't dissolved completely so I'm not fully brushing my bottom teeth yet. Just the back of my teeth, where nothing happened.

I still have dark circles under my eyes, but my expectation was that they wouldn't really go away since I've had them since my teens; my skin is just really thin there which is what causes them. The bags seem to have significantly decreased though.

I know the final results won't be apparent for a month or two, if not longer, but so far it's looking good!

3 months post op

I took some pictures today, to show what it looks like post op. I also updated the cost, so I'll address that first. The original quote I got for just the jaw contouring was $4,725, including anesthesia and operating room fees. I added the undereye bag removal later, so the final total for both was about $8,000.

Overall, I'm very happy with the results. As you can see from my pictures, one side looks great and one side has some extra cheek fat/pre-jowls. However, that one side was already like that before I had anything done, so it doesn't have anything to do with the procedure or the doctor. If you look at one of my pre-op pictures in the pink dress, you can see it on the right hand side. I took that one in a mirror, so it's a mirror image and is flipped. Post op, you can see the same thing on the left hand side. I took a couple of pictures lifting the fat up so you can see the jawline underneath. Dr. Mardirossian's work is excellent. Now I just need to figure out what I'll do about the extra bottom cheek fat. I feel like I'm a little young for a facelift, so maybe I'll try some fillers to even out the bottom or in my cheeks to lift it a little. We'll see :)
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon