So Far So Great! - Jupiter, FL

So far so good!

I chose Dr. Lombardo after going on a few other consultations and almost booking with another doctor. A nurse coworker/friend of mine who works with a few plastic surgeons in the area recommended I consider Lombardo since she has met with and worked with him once or twice and she had never heard of the other PS I was going to book with.
I'm so glad I did!!! The first thing I did was go on here to peek at the reviews to see what others were saying. All good stuff, 5 stars. Next I went to his website to check out his before/after pics. Wow! Almost every pic had me like :D . Great work!
My only problem was, by this time, it was already 1 week until my desired surgery day (I took off 1 week of work for this, and it was the upcoming week!). I gave it a shot and called the office explaining, "I would like to have my surgery next week, is there any way we can do a consult first, then if it goes well and he has availability, get me for the procedure (again, next week)??" I was a little afraid and embarrassed to call and sound like I was rushing things, but the truth is it was either next week or I would have to wait a few months. Well...no need to be embarrassed, the woman on the phone was SO nice and helpful. Did not make me feel silly, she totally understood because she knows he's a great doctor and she wanted this to work for me! She actually had to see if she could move some things around to get this to work so she called the doctor for me to ask if he could! Then she called me back after a few minutes and said yes!! We scheduled the consult, which would also be my preop appointment if I wanted to move forward with him.
When I walked in for my appointment I noticed the facility is beautiful and the nurses at the front were so sweet and warm. All went well during the consult. Dr. Lombardo took his time, no rush, went back and forth trying on a few different size implants that I couldn't decide between. He explained everything to me, things I didn't even think to ask about even after all the research and other consults I had been on. He also explained to me that although I thought I would need a nipple lift on one breast, that it would be a bad idea, stretch out my aereola over time, make a scar, and I would not be happy in the long run. I love that he was so honest with me and after learning all that, I agreed with him.
Next I had a visit with the financial/scheduling woman who again, just like everyone else, was so nice and patient with me. We got everything set up for....the next day!!! I was so happy they could get me in!
Day of my procedure: Everything went very smooth. Nurses (who I had already met at my consult/preop) took care of a few things for me, they were both SO NICE again. Anesthesiologist came in and did a quick interview. I explained to her that I have a history of severe post-op nausea/vomiting and was very nervous about that happening. She assured me that she'd give me a few different meds and will do her best to make sure that it wouldn't happen. Next Dr. Lombardo came in, marked me up, and it was time to go!
It seemed like it all happened so fast. Before I knew it I was in recovery.
NO NAUSEA/NO VOMITING!!!!!! Wow! I was so happy about that. Whatever she did worked!
Ouch though. As soon as I was done I had a great deal of pain at my incision site. Of course my actual breasts were sore all over, but the incision site was at a 7/10 pain scale. They weren't able to give me any pain medication for that yet at that moment they said, but as soon as I got in the car and had a little to eat I could start taking my Rx pain meds.
So I did that, and shortly after, the incision site pain was completely gone and my breasts were just a little sore. I took a few naps and by the evening I was pretty much up walking around, chatting with family. I felt pretty normal, minimal pain, had to remind myself to take it easy! Dr.Lombardo had called me as well that evening to check up on me. I very much appreciated that. Everything was going so well I had no questions for him, but I'm glad to know he was there incase I did.
I have my (day-after) first post-op appointment today. Can't wait to see what they say about them! So far they look great to me! High up of course but I know they will soon drop of course.
It's still early, but so far I highly highly recommend Dr. Lombardo. He and his team made me feel so comfortable. No stuffy, overdressed, over plastic staff- just down to earth, sweet, patient women!
I will follow up after my appointment today and will also get some progress pics up!

Day 2

Was still doing great this morning. Post-op appointment went well! Everything looking good!
Took a nap after and woke up much more sore and tight than I had been up to this point. Swelling must be kicking in. The pain meds definitely help, still taking them as directed and not skipping any. Also taking the Valium as prescribed, it really forces me to relax and get some rest and also helps with the pain.
Posting some pics! I still have some of the markings on my chest as you can see lol We did silicone HP one side 450, the other 475. Love them already, can't wait for them to drop!!

Day 3 pic

Still high but looking great!!

Day 6 post op visit

Surgical tape was taken off and incisions are healing nicely (I'm told)! Learned how to do the massages today. They felt so weird and even a little painful! Will definitely be taking a pain killer before the massages when I can. I am, however, only down to 3 pills so I'm super nervous about what it's going to be feel like without them. I asked my nurse for a few more to hold me over a few more days (was afraid they would think I was drug seeking or something but honestly just don't want to be so tight and uncomfortable all the time, especially since I just started a new job and I'm tense as it is!)...but they said no, that an OTC pain killer should suffice now at this point. I hope so :( Morning boob especially is the worst!!
They're still sitting high up, obviously that hasn't changed in this short time, will take several weeks, but I am still thrilled with my results so far!
In summary, at this point I'm still feeling great. I started work on Monday which was post-op day 4 and did great (pain meds every 4 hours of course). Again, I'm sad I couldn't get a few more days of pain meds bc I'm feeling a little neurotic and afraid of enduring any additional pain than I have to, but I also understand it's not something that should be taken forever...I get it.
Not sure if anyone is even reading this but I know that when I was doing my research I read a lot of stories like this and it really helped inform and prepare me for what to expect. So I'd like to return the favor and potentially do the same for anyone else out there who's doing their research and/or choosing a doctor at this point. I'm happy to recommend Dr. Lombardo and his medical team who should be highlighted on here more often.
Will post more pics as changes come about!
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

His before and after pictures speak for themselves. Those are what got me in the door. But Dr. Lombardo's knowledge, patience, and super nice, warm staff are what sold me! So far very minimal discomfort, going so smooth!!