Lip Lift for 55 Year Old with Dr. Mardirossian in Jupiter Beach, FL

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 43 reviews
Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

Hi to all the Lip Lift researchers! My overall...

Hi to all the Lip Lift researchers! My overall story is long which started when I was only 15 with a botched nose job. Fell into a cycle of surgeries...most bad...and some good ...and here I am. Because of my past and because of the disasters I've had with my nose, I took a very long time to have this lip lift. I actually had one years ago with a revision rhinoplasty and it wasn't too bad but it was the surgeon's first one. I let him do it because he was concerned about someone else ruining what he had accomplished with my nose, which was a lot. After the lip lift, there was one side that fell lower because a stitch had been left for a month, and I tried a couple of more tries to improve things with another Dr but I failed. That was 7 years ago. I have been researching a lip lift Dr to do a revision but I've been so scared because my nostril area is bad enough as it is. I didn't want to make matters worse. Terrified of increased nostril show more than what I have. I know all the popular Drs and I was leaning towards a Dr in San Diego but somehow found Dr. Vartan Mardirossian in Jupiter Beach, FL. He actually only has one before/after pic on his website but the fact that he publicizes it as a "be younger in an hour" on his website told me he is comfortable with the procedure. I later found out that he has done many and saw additional pictures. I also met two of his employees that had the procedure and they looked great. This made me more sure but still...I was scared and sent many emails to Dr. M. He was so patient and understanding. I finally made the decision and I had surgery yesterday. I drove almost 2 hours to Jupiter Beach from Miami. I had the surgery which was a breeze compared to what I expected. He used a large Q-tip type of thing with a topical antibiotic on it and put it in my upper gums. This numbed the gums immediately and he then injected into the gums like a dentist. It did not hurt and was bearable. I didn't feel anything and I was so relieved when it was over. I hung out for a little bit to let the traffic subside and drove myself back to Miami with no problems.

So far so good. What I would like to highlight to the researchers on here is the incision. Look how neat it is.

My nostrils/nose have been through a lot as is obvious. I am not as lucky as most of you that have untouched natural nostrils with a nasal sil so keep in mind what Dr. M had to work with. I share this because imagine what he could accomplish with a natural nose/nostril area. He actually wanted to improve the nostril symmetry and he did. It will never be perfect but the main goal I had was improvement. I have that and I do have some upper teeth show. My philtrum length was 20 mm and he removed 5 mm.

This whole experience has been easy for me thankfully and I'm at peace. I am a bit more swollen today and I called Carolyn, the nurse, and she assured me that it gets worse before it gets better. (You would think I should know that by now.) She said as of Day 3 which would be Saturday, I should see a noticeable decrease in swelling. I will post additional pics as time goes on.

I'm having my stitches removed on Monday.

Thank you, Dr. M! I appreciate your aritistic talent, kindness and not to mention your great sense of humor.

Looking forward to additional procedures with you!

VivitaLaVida

No pain and feeling better

Also trying to upload the pics in the proper order. Overall, this has been very easy. I've been out in the world even if I look a bit odd. I plan to go back to work on Monday after having the stitches removed. I feel what Dr. Mardirossian has accomplished is putting this area back to what it was before the last 2 failures which is huge for me. I've been so disappointed the past 7 years. This year I plan to do an S-Lift with Dr. M ...saw a women come out of his office the other day and she looked amazing!

11 Days Post

Well friends...I went back to work last Tuesday which was a week later. I had a few stitches left and I just put make up over it since I had been healing for a week. Dr. Mardirossian removed some on Monday, June 1st, and the remaining ones on Wed., June 3rd. I've been putting make up during the day and a scar cream at night. It's still red of course but improving. The great thing is ...it is a subtle improvement and people don't really know what I did. If anyone noticed the extra make up in that area, they didn't say anything and I know I looked totally normal. The recent pic below shows the shortened philtrum and teeth show that I did not have before. Overall it looks very natural and I am SO relieved and please. As the scar heals, if I feel it needs more improvement, I will simply have a CO2 laser procedure to smooth it out but, with make up, thus far, it's fine. I want to add the fact that one side of the teeth show is higher than the other is actually great for me because this is the way it was when I was 15 years old. I always had it that way and actually forgot about it. I'm happy to have an aspect of my youth back which I am totally fine with. =)

Side note on the nostrils

I want to add that Dr. Mardirossian did try to make the nostrils more symmetrical and took out a piece of skin inside my nose inside the larger nostril. It's clear that the area still has a tendency to go to it's original position as in my before pic. I'm actually going to use some nostril plug things to try to keep them more similar but if that does not work, Dr. M will revise the nostril down the line but I'm in no rush. Also, I want to add that he will be lowering my retracted columella soon which could make the philtrum distance look shorter. To consider this, he will first use saline to see if the area expands, if it does (God willing), then he will use Radiesse filler. Once I get comfortable with the look with the filler (lasts about a year), he will use ear cartilage to make it permanent. I am taking things slowly! That's it for now. Dr. M has been great with follow up and contacts me regularly to see how I am doing. Thank you, Dr. M!
Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mardirossian is so nice and extremely patient. I was terrified to have this surgery and having gone through a lot in the past, I asked him many questions. He was very interested in my concerns and also wanted to be sure I had realistic expectations. He is an artist, and I am blessed to have found him. You will also love his staff. The aura projected on his website is exactly what it is.