My Lapband Became a Torture Device - Junction City, KS

The lapband was a constant struggle for me. My...

the lapband was a constant struggle for me. My body responded to it with inflammation. This made adjustments impossible, every time they tried to adjust me my stomach would swell in response, this left me so restricted that I couldn't even swallow down my own saliva much less water or food. After awhile I gave up trying to adjust it but even empty with the inflammation it was a complete wild card I threw up 3 out of 4 times I would eat. You would think I would have dropped weight like crazy but I didn't. My weight yo yoed at one point I think I had lost 60lbs but stuck more around 40. In 2012 I was in an accident and broke my femur, no matter what we did we couldn't get it to heal. Finally after a year of living with a u healed broken leg we did blood work and discovered I was malnourished (even though I still looked fat and sassy). As if puking all the time and not being able to eat in public or at someone's house wasn't enough to be done with it, this was my final straw. In May 2013 I had it removed. I instantly gained all the weight back, my metabolism was shot. I absolutely refused to revise I can't imagine living like I did those four years for the rest of my life with no escape options. So I went the natural rout for weight loss I spent the money to work with a trainer and nutritionalist at this point I have worked for 6 months and I have lost almost 40lbs so just as much as the band was able to consistently give me but instead of puking it off I have built muscle and strength that I can take pride in. I'm not miserable and I feel in control of my body. I plan to lose 45 more lbs and then get s mommy makeover.
Topeka Bariatric Surgeon