52 Years Old and Needed a More Youthful Appearance - Baton Rouge, LA

I am probably as vain as you can get. I have...

I am probably as vain as you can get. I have always been comfortable with the way I looked until I turned 50. It seemed like over night I was now seeing my 93 year old mother when I looked in the mirror. I knew that at some point in my life I would need a neck lift, but I just figured I could wait until I was somewhere in my 60's. My mother's square jowls and sagging skin when I looked in the mirror was making me look far older than what I felt. I was satisfied with the rest of my face, cheeks, eyes, etc. but my neck was making me look old. Two of my sisters had a lifestyle lift in their 50's and were pleased with the results so I decided it was my time. I am 7 days out from surgery and so far so good. The pain has been minimal, but I have bruised considerably. I am swollen as well but I am sure it will all subside in the next few weeks. It is very tight under my chin which is expected and after all that is what I paid for. It has gotten better with each passing day. I know this sounds crazy but the absolute worse part to me has been wearing the head compression and sleeping in an upright position. I am so excited to see the final results over the next few months but am happy I made the decision to have it done now and not wait.

Day 7. Feeling lots better

Incision pics per request

Day 9 and feeling good!

Day 10 after surgery and first day back to work

Back to work today and feeling good. Swelling is down but still have bruising, mainly on the left side. Incisions look good.

Two weeks today since my surgery

It has been two weeks today since my surgery and I am feeling great. My incisions have healed well. My neck is still really tight but getting better each day. I am still numb under my chin and my ears but, I am told that this will go away in time. So far I am pleased with the result. I wanted to look refreshed not different and I think that was accomplished. I ran into a someone I haven't seen in a few months the other night. He walked up to me and said," When I looked at you I knew, I knew you but I almost didn't recognize you. You just keep getting younger and younger!" Money well spent!!! :)

3 weeks ago today I had my surgery

Bruising almost all gone and no swelling. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

4 1/2 week update.

It has been 4 1/2 weeks since my surgery and I feel great. I still have tightness in my neck but the mobility has gotten 100 times better. Swelling is practically gone and bruising is gone. No regrets!

6 weeks post-op!

I go tomorrow for my 6 week check up. I feel like everything is healing nicely. Still tightness under my chin that I will ask the dr. about. I think it's just going to take time but I'm going to clarify. When I see people I know, I get a lot of compliments on my hair. I think it's because they know something is different and they can't put their finger on it so it must be the hair! Lol!! I'll take it!

7 weeks post op tomorrow!

Today is hat day in rainy Louisiana! Dr. Weiler said everything looked great! Tightness is normal and will continue to get better. He offers a complimentary facial and botox for one area to all his patients after surgery. I scheduled those appointments. Excited!! I am pleased with results and would recommend if you are considering having surgery to just go for it. Do your research on doctors and make the best decision with the information that you have available. I don't think you will regret it! :)

2 months today since my surgery!

Two months today since my surgery and I'm feeling great. Thanks to Dr. Weiler and his staff, they are awesome!

2 months after surgery with no makeup per requests

3 months ago today!

My surgery was 3 months ago today. Feeling great and very happy with results!
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

I did my due diligence and research and decided on Dr. Weiler of Weiler Plastic Surgery. He specialized in neck and face procedures. He was amazing. He answered all of my questions and made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. His staff was great and make sure that you were well taken care of. He called after I was home to make sure everything was going okay and to see if I had any questions. He said that this was his cell phone number and if anything came up to give him a call. I had a couple of questions the following day that arose so I text him and he responded within the hour. I am 7 days out from surgery but so far I have nothing but praises for Dr. Weiler and his staff!