I Would Pay Double to Have the Procedure Reversed! - Johnstown CO

I am only writing this review in hopes that it can...

I am only writing this review in hopes that it can help someone else avoid the problems I experienced. I saw Dr. Gonyon for a consultation to have a breast lift & augmentation performed 10 months ago. I am in my early 40's, have had 2 children & lost some weight & was looking to have them lifted & a little volume added. He informed me that he now only does the procedures seperatly because of all the issues that people have experienced in having them done together & that 6 months after the lift we could proceed with the augmention. I also made him very aware, during the consultation, that I have a blood clot disorder called Factor 5 Lyden. He told me he is very aware of the condition as someone in his family has it & would make sure every precaution was taken. So we proceeded with scheduling the surgery. About a week prior his anesthesiologist called me & asked me to have some blood work done as he was confused by my condition. He called me back a few days prior to the surgery & said we could proceed as planned. When I went in for the procedure they took my husband & I to the surgical area to prep me for surgery. The nurse was terrible iserting the IV & was actually smacking my arm to find a vein. I had a bruise for several days. My husband & also found it very strange that they didn't wait for me to fully wake up to send me home. I was still fairly sedated when they put me in the car & I have no recollection of driving home or even leaving Dr. Gonyon's office. For the next week or so things seemed to be fine & then I started having problems breathing. I called Dr. Gonyon's office & they took a message & said he would get back to me. After several days of not hearing from him, on a Saturday morning, I called his cell phone directly as I knew something just wasn't right. He told me I could have a blood clot & to go to the ER. I went directly to the ER to find out I had several blod clots in my legs as well as a huge "saddle PE" in both of my lungs surrounding my heart. Long story short I spent 5 days in the ICU & was told I was days from it having killed me. I now have to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life as well as dealing with the emotional effects of the entire situation combined with the low self-esteem I deal with on a daily basis as I am not able to continue with the augmenttion surgery and the results are less than desirable ! (or any other elective surgery for the rest of my life.) Lesson learned.... I would pay twice as much to go back to the way I was if that was possible! PLEASE think long & hard, do your research & know that if you have any type of medical condition that just making the doctor aware of it is not enough. Don't make the same mistake I did in assuming they will take care of you. Is your life worth it?
Fort Collins Plastic Surgeon