Starting Six Month Smiles

Sort by:
*Treatment results may vary

All I want is a straight smile. So, I went to my...

All I want is a straight smile. So, I went to my regular dentist/orthodontist (they do both dental work and orthodontic work) and had a full consult. My estimated treatment time was 18-24 months. Price was abt $1k more than the six month smiles braces. It included a treatment plan to align my jaw, bite, etc. All I want is straight front teeth and wasn't really interested in doing a full on treatment. My orthodontist doesn't offer six month smiles so I had to research and find one. Lucky me, I found a girl at my job that referred me to a dentist office that does them. I went in for consult, spoke with orthodontist and she took a look at my teeth and told me I'm a candidate for this style of braces. I booked my appt and had them put on. My treatment time will be around 7 or 8 months. Treatment plans for six month smiles range from 4-9 months. I'm excited and hope my teeth are good to go before my trip in May 2017.

Routine check

Today I had my routine check up. The wire was replaced and they put a bracket on the tooth that needs to start moving forward. To really get things moving the orthodontist performed an IPR on a few of my teeth which shapes my them in order to make room for my teeth to expand. The exciting news is she said I should see a big change by my next appointment and the tooth that bugs me the most should start moving outward. I'm excited. I already see a difference with my bottom teeth and it hasn't even been a month.
Almost forgot, I got silver bands today instead of the pearl bands and I like these better so far. The pearl bands turned a yellowish color...probably because I drink coffee but I don't think I would have that problem with the silver.

Three week difference

In this picture I can see how my bottoms are starting to move. Look how much straighter the wire is on the bottom picture compared to when I first had them put on.

Look at the movement!

My tooth that is pointed inward is starting to push out. I'm so excited!!! It's been only 9 days. Top of the picture was 9 days ago. Bottom of picture is current.

Big changes in 11 days...

Had to post an update because I'm pretty impressed by the movement and how my teeth are starting to align. The tooth that was pushed back has moved forward much more in just 11 days as well. I'm only 1-1/2 months into my treatment plan and already seeing great results.
Normandy Dentistry