61 Year Old. Much Overdue for Procedure - Jacksonville, FL

I 've thought about a BR at different times over...

I 've thought about a BR at different times over the years but never checked it out. WHY??? I developed very early, like 4th or 5th grade. In Jr High some of the boys nicknamed me, Jungle Jugs. I'm heavier now than I want or should be, but even at a normal body weight, I'm still a 36DDD. I'm tired of having upper back pain, ruts in my shoulders from bra straps, yeast under my breast & even problems with my thumb & fingers at times. WHO KNEW, I sure didn't know that was a result of these boobs! I'm wearing a Bali minimizer, which does a pretty amazing job of holding these girls up. I really need a BOLDER HOLDER lol! By the way it's a 40DDD/E, when I measured, I really should be wearing a 40J. It will be nice to buy a different style bra after20+ years????. My PS will make me a B cup, that's per the insurance requirements. I really hope to end up more like a C. But she says nobody has complained about being too small. Any comments will be appreciated.

Pre Op Apt

Had my pre op apt. Found out Dr Hickman doesn't use drains, YAH!! She is so AWESOME, if anyone in the Jacksonville, Fl area is in need of a PS for any procedure, but BREASTS seem to be her specialty. Everyone in her office are great too. I'm ready to go to the other side & join the rest of you that have already made the transition ????

Bust Measurements

I haven't seen any comments on actual bust measurements, has anybody checked theirs? I'm curious how much of a change/ decrease in inches others have seen once crossing over .

Where do I find "13 things I wish I knew before my surgery"??

I've seen Kimmer's mention this in her replies on here to other members. Has anyone seen her post. I'd like to see it ASAP, since I'm only 6 days till my BR. Thanks for any help!

? Hopefully just 2 more days

Starting coughing again ! Darn grasses & weeds! I've got allergies. Talked with nurse this morning about my BP readings & this cough. No temp, chest discomfort, so hope all is clear for Fri. Ready for these girls to be soo much smaller. My PS says the left isn't that much larger, it's just that their so big, it seems that it's a lot bigger. To me, it seems a lot bigger!! At my consult, I thought she said I would have symmetry, but at my pre- op she said I would still have asymmetry? Need to talk about that before surgery.

I'm a member of the ITTY BITTY CLUB now

Feels soo GREAT!

Day 3 PO

Everything has gone great ! Hubby has been a great help. Hasn't been nearly as painful as I imagined. My daughter is coming to help with my 1st shower today & help wash my hair. She can put some mousse in it & blow dry it for me. So excited & nervous to see my new Little Girls! I might need my Zofran today, might get nauseated if they're too badly bruised & scars look too bad!

Day 5. Stitches Removed

A few exposed stitches removed today. I didn't see my PS. She dad to be out of the office, but her nurse said I looked great. Only have slight bruising & incisions are healing well. She says I'm a "good healer." Really no pain, one aweee when she pulled out one stitch under right side only. Here's my pre surgical marking. Next pic is PO day 3 final pic. Today PO day 5. Which I can see a difference since since 3!

Pic Day 3

Shopping Fun

So excited & happy about being able to wear smaller sizes in tops!! Picked this one up off the sales rack, when I got home with it saw it's only a LARGE! It's from Dillards & deep discount, where it has to be returned in 3 days. I gently slip my arms into it , not raising them up, since I'm only 1 week PO. it's a Reba top, which I love, & guess what it FITS! No way before, could I have gotten I boob in here! Love this new side??????

Took Tape off Today

Got to see the bruising & incisions for the 1st time (incisions)

2 Week PO

4 weeks Today

Old & New Bra for Comparsion

Go to Kohls if you need Bras

Old & New Bras

I'm 5 weeks PO. Still in my surgical bra but couldn't resist trying on new bras. Here's my old & new! Old size 40DDD/E New 38C

7 weeks since my transformation

New Bra 36C. Perfect Fit. So happy!! NO more upper back pain! Such ease putting on a bra now, I know U gals understand the struggles we went thru!! My surgeon Dr Hollie Hickman is the absolute BEST! Can't say enough great about her. PLEASE. GET A CONSULT with her at Ponte Vedra Plastic Surgery in Jacksonville/Ponde Vedra. Wish everyone was near here!
Dr Hollie Hickman

Dr Hickman is a very skilled surgeon 1st of all. 2nd she is a very caring, understanding person. She makes you feel very comfortable talking to her. Not rushed at any of your appointments. At my pre opt appointment I had a couple questions, concerns regarding my size after reduction. because of insurance requirements so much had to be removed before to be qualified for them to pay. She said not to worry, if I wasn't ready or sure this is want I wanted we would just postpone my surgery, no problem. NO, I told her, I'm sure, I'm ready, just a couple of questions before. I'm so happy I did this. She was honest & showed me what size I would be & asked me if I could be happy with it. The smaller size is because I'm overweight. But, I was ready to do this now & work one weight loss later. This has helped motivate me!! I'm so glad I choose Dr Hickman.