It's Slow, but Looking Forward to Final Result - Washington, WA

I went through 5 surgeries this year due to breast...

I went through 5 surgeries this year due to breast cancer.  I decided to get a little more than a breast reconstruction with my last surgery which was four weeks ago.  I have wanted a tummy tuck for years.  For a long time I had a flat tum but lots of extra skin.  After turning forty I added tummy fat to the equation, and no matter how much I was on my eliptical or trampoline or how toned the rest of my body got my tummy fat wouldn't budge.  So I decided to do the tuck!!!  I'm happy so far with the results.

The recovery is slower than I had hoped...but my body's been through a lot this year, so I guess patience is my best friend right now.  I have on and off swelling and won't be getting rid of my compression garment for a while yet to come.  It's okay, cause that big bulge of fat is gone and once I'm healed for the first time since my first baby I won't have saggy skin!!!  I'm happy to say for the past three days I'm back on my eliptical but taking it slow.  I'm just estatic to be excercising agian,and it seems to be helping the swelling.  I just take it easy and don't break a sweat like I am used to.

I'm also taking arnica montana sublingual, and I believe that helps.  I'm watching my salt and staying hydrated after a bout with major water retention.  A tummy tuck is worth it, but ladies you will have to do some self care in that process for a lot longer than most of us know how to do.  Relax and enjoy the journey!!  Lots of greens to reduce swelling and b vitamins too.  Well that's all for now.

Oh and I had some lipo on my flanks as well as some on my tum to help  contour my shape....I haven't noticed pain from either...just the incision.

Never did get that tight skin

Well I assumed after the healing would come a much tighter look to my tum....but my skin was not pulled tight enough and so I never did get a great end result. Dr told me it would look tighter once swelling went down. It never did look tight. It looked better, but I always imagined a lot less give on my skin.
Yakima Plastic Surgeon