FUE 4750 Grafts, Grade 6, Dr Maral Clinic Istanbul, Turkey Nov 23, 2014 - Istanbul, Turkey

I've been slowing going bold since the age of 25. ...

I've been slowing going bold since the age of 25. Looking at different options over the years, mostly focusing on the cure side, hope started to fade. Losing my hair change me a lot, I lot confidence in myself. I would always wear a hat. I real tired of all the bald jokes. I wanted to step forward in 2010 and get something done, but the cost was expensive. Finally, in 2014 I found a clinic in Istanbul, Turkey that was yielding better results at a fraction of the price. After a year of following other patients results from this clinic I decided to pull the trigger on Nov 23, 2014. Below are my results.

Post-op

10 day Post-op

30 day Post-op

2 month Post-op

3 Month Post-op

4 Month Post-op

I've been slowing going bold since the age of 25. Looking at different options over the years, mostly focusing on the cure side, hope started to fade. Losing my hair changed me a lot, I lost confidence in myself. I would always wear a hat. I got real tired of all the bald jokes. I wanted to step forward in 2010 and get something done, but the cost was expensive. Finally, in 2014 I found a clinic in Istanbul, Turkey that was yielding good results at a fraction of the price. After a year of following other patients results from this clinic I decided to pull the trigger on Nov 23, 2014. These are my results. I will keep updating my results monthly. If you have any questions please ask away.

Month 5

Just an update! I got a hair cut, still keeping it a big shot. By rule of thumb the 5 month mark I should be at 50%. I can see a lot of little hairs coming through, some are still maturing. Besides density, not much difference from last month from what I can see.

6 Month Update

My hair should have been a lot longer during this update, but my hair got messed up during my haircut. So I had no choice but to cut some off the top. Promise to keep it longer for my 7 month update.

Month #7

This is the longest my hair has grown. I am used to cutting it short. For now I will continue to let my top grow, but cut my donor area. I still see a lot of little hairs growing from my scalp. It is important not to use clippers to cut the transplanted area until after the first year. The hair is not strong enough and can pull it from the root causing it to go through the regrowth process again. Some hairs take longer than others to grow. I shaved my hair with clippers as low as possible at month 4. I believe my hair would have been a little bit fuller now if I haven't shaved it. As you see my donor area is still full, there future HT is possible.

Pre HT to 7 Month

Still got some more growing to do, but as you can see this clinic is legit.

Month 8 update

Everything is starting to grow in nicely

9 Months

Here are my updates from 9 Months

Pre to 9 Months

A week from today I will be back in the clinic to fill in my crown and hopefully lower my hairline.

Round 2: Sept 6, 2015 2,150 Grafts Maral Clinic

September 6th 2015 was my 2nd FUE surgery. Going in I knew my crown was priority to be filled. My second wish was to maybe lower my hairline. After Dr. Maral examined my donor area, he advised me the max that could be taking out at this time would be 3,000 to be safe. He gave me the option to focus on my hairline or my crown only. We both agreed the smart thing to do was the crown at this time. He told me my hairline is concerned normal for someone about to enter their 40s in a few years. The hairline will require a lot of density, therefore I do not have the required grafts from my donor area for what I want at this time. he original channels that were cut for me during the first operation were opened up again to allowed a new graft to be placed without damaging the implanted graft from the first FUE operation.

This time around a total of 2,150 grafts were removed from my donor area. Due to the low extraction, it did not compromise my donor area as much. A total of 1,850 went to my crown, and 300 were randomly placed in the front of my hair to give a little more fullness. I will update at 10 days, then monthly from there. Thanks!

10 month mark

These pictures were taken at the clinic right before my second FUE. You can see how far I have came along, just shy from my 10 month mark.

2nd FUE 10 day post ops

Hello! This is my 10 day post ops. Everything is coming along just fine. A lot less redness this time around. All scabs have fallen off, very little soreness, and no swelling. Very little shedding has started, though I'm loving the grafts right now, I know they will fall within the next couple of weeks.

2nd FUE 1 Month

A lot of grafts have already fallen out, redness has reduced a lot since the 2nd FUE. My donor area does itch quite a bit. This is due to the healing process. I am also using aloe vera to help reduce the redness.

2nd Fue, Month 2

Today marks my 2nd month after my 2nd FUE. I was able to shave my donor area using a #3 guard. I was quite surprised at how good it looked. I thought I may have to grow my donor area longer, but I think this length works for me. My first FUE I was able to shave it down to a #1, but mostly used #2 while my hair grew longer. For my top, I cut it shorter so it can have time to catch up with my crown. I do have some baby thin hair growing from my crown, but I can't tell if it's from the new transplanted hair or my 2nd operation. All of my redness is completely gone. I'm not in any pain. I am breaking out a little bit in the transplanted area. All is well for now.

2nd FUE 3 Month Post OPS

The hair is coming along slowly, but surely. Not a huge update, but you can see small growth in the crown area. I honestly don't expect this area to really bloom until month 5/6 like my first FUE. I think I will keep the top of my hair short until my crown starts to catch up.

2nd FUE Month #5

Good day all. I know it's been awhile since I posted anything. I completed missed month #4. Since the holidays, I have moved and started a new job. I am now trying to catch up with the updates on here. As you see my crown area is slowing coming through. Over the next couple of months it should really take on more coverage. It has now been 15 months since my first FUE. So I do not anticipate anymore grown from those areas.

2nd FUE Month 7

Well here it is, 2nd FUE at 7 months. I have been keeping the top of my hair short for now. I may grow it out longer over the next couple of months. My crown has filled up quite a bit. Just the other day I wanted to get the sides of my hair cut shorter just to see how it would look with a fade. I was getting a high number 3 with a low number 2 fade. This time I requested a high number 2 with a low number 1 fade. To those that are familiar with FUE, you can see my scars a little bit, but it blends in with my fade. So the average person is not able to tell I had anything done. Maral Clinic has done an awesome job. I am 100% happy with my results, and do not regret anything. I was once bald, but as you can see I now have hair and can feel more confident now. I do not have thick hair like an 18 year old, but more of a mature thinning look, much better than being bald.

2nd FUE 8 Months

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd FUE, 8 month review. All is well at time point. Judging by my pictures from last month I can see my crown area is filling in a little more. I like my hair this short, but may grow it out a little bit in the next couple of months. I will post again at my 10 month review. Thanks!

Pre-op to 18 months post-op

Transformation from pre-op to 18 months post-ops, 2 FUEs = 6,900 grafts.

2nd FUE 10 Month update

Hello everyone! This will be my 10 month update of my 2nd FUE. Honestly, at this time I do not see much of a difference. This is probably of how short I cut my hair. I will try growing my hair out longer for a different look soon.

1 year anniversary of 2nd FUE

Hello Everyone! Today marks my 12 month anniversary of my 2nd FUE with this clinic. I originally walked into this clinic in Nov 2014 and received 4,750 grafts. Majority were placed in the middle and front of my head. The few remaining went to my crown. I knew I needed a second FUE, so at 9 months, Sept 2015, I came back to this clinic and received 2,150 grafts to complete my look. Here are my result to date.

There were just a few doctors in the states I wanted to do a FUE with, but in the end it would cost the same as a brand new car. I started to look at how people travel overseas to different countries for the same or better quality at a lower cost. I noticed Turkey was becoming very popular when it came to FUE treatment. I found doctor by the name of Dr Tugrul Maral. After he evaluated my pictures I was told 3500-5000 can be done for my grade 6NW. Based off of many happy patients I've seen in forums from this clinic, I decided to to give this clinic a try. Landed in Istanbul on a Saturday, picked up by the driver from the airport and was dropped off at a hotel that was arranged from the clinic. The driver picked me up the next day and soon arrived to the clinic. I meet Dr Maral there and we talked quite a bit. After taking a few pre-op pics I was laying down on the table at for the procedure. In all, it took about 8 hours as they were able to extract 4750 grafts from my head. About 3,300 was placed in the front of my head. The rest was spread out through the middle and crown. After the procedure I was told depending on how my donor area looks after a year I can come back to give more density in my middle and crown. This I plan to do when the time comes. For now, this is my experience with pictures.