FUE Hair Transplant Maralklinik , Istanbul Turkey. 4900 Grafts

Hi, Late last yeari travelled from Ireland to...

Hi, Late last yeari travelled from Ireland to Istanbul in Turkey for an Fue procedure at Maralklinik on 8/November / 2014

Before I chose Maralklinik for my hair transplant all my emails and concerns were responded to very clearly and quickly . So after a lot of research on forums and reading a loads of patients reviews I felt very confident and happy to go to Dr. Maral. The price was a total of €1800 euros which included up to 3 nights in a hotel with breakfast, both airport transfers and all clinic transfers with a private driver.

I was met at the airport by a driver for the clinic who was very helpful and pleasant and brought me my hotel. The hotel was My Rose Hotel and is only about a mile from Maralklinik in a suburb of Istanbul.It's spotless clean and does a good breakfast. It is on a street lined with shops , markets and places to eat. The next day I was picked up from the hotel and went to the clinic.

The clinic is impeccably clean and modern. I was introduced to Dr Maral and some of his team who are very nice and have very good English . Dr Maral spent a good hour with me going through the procedure and answering all of the questions I had. We went through a few hairlines and settled on one which we were both happy with.Everything was covered and I was happy to proceed.They are a busy practice and another guy was there to get Fue as well as me.

The procedure :All the work was performed over 8 hours by 3 to 4 of the team. Dr Maral came in and out to chat with me and his team. In regards to pain I felt none but the first 2 or 3 injections of anaesthetic . Just a small sting, really nothing to worry about. You can watch TV , listen to music etc.even have a nap. I was given lunch about halfway through. My donor area had high density so the got 4900 grafts which I believe is very good. Dr Maral was very happy with this and was of the opinion that 1 Fue procedure was going to be enough for me and that they would have more than enough grafts to cover all the top of my head.

I would personally like to thank all the staff at Maralklinik for everything they did for me and the professionalism that they showed. Thank you Maralklinik. I'm now at 5 months post op as of 8-April -15 and am very happy with my progress and looking forward to the rest of the year for it to continue and mature.
All of my scabbing was gone after about 10 days and the redness was there for a few weeks. My doner area healed really well and honestly gave me absolutely no problems. After about 6 weeks a lot of the new grafts shed which is completely normal . At this stage I looked very similar to pre op just a little pink in the doner and recipient areas.
The first 3 months are the longest because growth only really kicks in about 3 -4 months post op.
At about 10-11 weeks I started feeling a lot of stubble on top and got some spots/ bumps here and there. These can be a bit sore but a completely normal part of progress. It is a sign that hair is about to grow.
At 3 months it really started and was a great relief . Sorry I forgot to mention I have been applying 5% minoxidil spray from about 2 months post op. Minoxidil is FDA approved.
I'm starting this thread at 5 months in but here are a few pictures and I will update it every 8 weeks or so .
Thanks for looking and thanks again to all at Maralklinik Istanbul.

4 months post op

These are some of my pics from 8 march 2015. @ 4 months post op

Nearly a 6 months post op

Hi , just sharing my 6 months photos . I will be 6 months on May 8th. All pics are in daylight and after a haircut.really happy so far considering how bald I was , Norwood 6 ..and lots of stubble still underneath. I'm hoping my crown has enough grafts not to need a 2nd session but it's still only halfway to my full result. I've had several haircuts since the op and I'm keeping it tidy until density peaks. Really happy . Tks for looking
Best wishes Derek

7 months post op Fue 4900 grafts

Hi there
I'm now at 7 months post op from my transplant at Maralklinik Istanbul as of 8/June/2015 .Very happy with the last few months progress . Lots of stubble still underneath which is newer hair breaking through. Going to get another hair cut soon to keep it short until density peaks . I've been told by my Dr at Maralklinik that I still have several months until final yield and hair has yet to thicken and mature.I couldn't be happier with the clinic I chose and am very grateful for everything they did last November. I've added a few pictures in good light. Most of my grafts went towards the front of my head but I'm told the crown area is usually last to come in. Considering how little hair I had on top I'm chuffed with my progress at 7 months and excited to see my final result in Jan / March 2016. Have a great summer!!

Pre op /7months photo

Comparison photos/ progress

Here's just a few comparison photos tks Maralklinik

9 months post op 4900 grafts Fue

Hi there,
I'm at 9 months post op now and here are some pictures in good light with dry hair no products. I still am getting stubble at scalp level which is assuring that new hairs are still breaking through. I cut my hair again and I'm keeping it short to let new hair catch up. I'm told that full result from 1st session 4900 grafts will be at 15 months. The hair is a bit wire but looks better with some styling products. I just have to eat well and let it mature and thicken over the next few months. My crown has improved but ill hold out to see if ill require a 2nd session to touch it up. Hopefully I won't need one but considering I was Norwood 5/6 I'm really amazed at what I've gotten so far. Most of my grafts went to the front where I was completely bald around the temples. Thanks for all the comments and messages guys I hope this thread is of help to anyone considering Fue. Please feel free to comment or questions ill be glad to help if i can.A huge thank you to all the team at Maralklinik Istanbul. Best wishes Derek

comparison photos progress

Fue 4900 grafts 11 months post op

Hi there
As of 8th Oct 2015 I will be at 11 months post op 4900 grafts Fue Maralklinik Istanbul.I cant thank them enough for their work and im very happy to say the least and enjoying being able to visit a barbershop again and have hair once again. The last few months were a breeze with stubble arriving every week or 2 . I have had several haircuts to keep it short . I've still been using rogaine/regaine foam but only once a day. I'm going to just use it 3 or 4 times a week now and see how it goes.
A big thank you to a member called Durden on here who gave me some great tips on washing with a thickening shampoo called Bed head . I could see a difference after a few days. Also he gave great advice on cutting /styling which worked for me and applying only a very small amount of matte hair wax.
I found it a great help and it looked nice and natural too cheers Durden.
. The next few months should see the hair thicken and get somewhat more glossy in appearance.
Tks for all the comments and PM messages I hope this thread is informative and helpful for anyone considering getting a transplant. I've always included my full face in photos for proof that this really works and you can get natural looking results.im still undecided in whether to get a 2nd session which is normal for Norwood grade 5/6 which I was. Going to see the next few months out and decide. Most of my grafts went to the front which was really bald and I think they have done some fantastic work thanks Maralklinik.
Anyway I've included new pictures , all comments are welcome and I do my best to answer as truthfully as I can to help.
Cheers DerekLucan

11 months post op FUE Maralklinik Istanbul

Hi there
I found it a great help and it looked nice and natural too cheers Durden.
Cheers DerekLucan

Thickening Shampoo

Hi a few people are asking about this bed head thicking shampoo. It was recommended to me on here by another member and I've found it good . Here's a pic of the bottle as requested tks

15 months post op 4900 grafts fue

Hi again
I haven't been on here for a while and I apologise for not replying to some questions and comments sooner.
All is good and im now 15 months post op. I stopped using minoxidil about 4 months ago and slowly dropped the dosage as I didn't want to subscribe to it for a lifetime it's hard to know if I've lost anything but I'm still chuffed with my progress and getting this far. I don't take any meds either.The last few months the hair has gotten a bit more shine to it. I found the minoxidil dried it out a lot.im planning on returning next month for a smaller session to fill the crown area. I was Norwood 5/6 so 2 sessions is the norm. I wanted to wait over a year to decide. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy with the result from the 1st session and what Maralklinik have achieved. I feel I've come this far so I might as well go back and get the crown filled. Most of my grafts went to the front temples which were completely bald.ive added some photos so please have a look and ive also added a chart I found online for post op month by month average growth rates. I found my growth went very similar to these monthly percentages.Thats all for now guys thanks for looking and all the comments. I'm glad the thread over the last year and a half was of help and ill do another update on my return from the 2nd session next month. Thank you again to all at Maralklinik Istanbul you've been amazing.

2nd session : (to fill crown area )18/Mar/16

Hi folks
I am happy to say I returned for the 2nd session on the 18th March 2016. ( 15 months after the 1st fue).I went back to get the crown area filled as on my 1st session the concentration of grafts was more to the front. Everything went like clockwork and it was nice to see all the crew there again. As usual everyone working in great harmony with each other. Dr Maral was very happy with the recovery of my donor area from the 1st session and did several different tight haircuts to show no visible scarring. They got 2600 grafts from my donor area so 1800 went to the crown area and 800 were distributed throughout the top to add more density . I was really happy that my donor area gave this amount on the 2nd session. I'm writing this update at 2 weeks post op and im still healing but very very happy so far.
Im going to show pictures of my result from 1st session at 15 months.
Then donor area shaved pre 2nd session.
Then 1 day post op 2nd session.
Then 2 weeks post op 2nd session
Thank you all at Maralklinik for everything and the professionalism showed by all the team .Best wishes Derek

2nd session 2600 grafts 18/march/16

Hi folks
Here's some pictures of my just before the 2nd session. Hair is cut short and to show donor area . #4 blade buzz cut

2nd session .2600 grafts. 18/Mar /16

Hi folks
Here are some pics of my donor area shaved tight just before the 2nd session.
Please excuse the silly haircut as these photos are purely to show the donor area condition . The small scars at the back you can see are the result of riding bmx bike as a kid. (no helmet) ..The good old days haha.

2nd session.2600 grafts . 18/mar/16

Hi folks
Here are a few pics of 1 day post op 2nd session . They got 2600 grafts. 1800 went to the crown area and 800 went throughout the top of the head to add more density . Really happy to have the 2 sessions behind me now and looking forward to the final result cheers Derek

2nd session 2600 grafts 18/3/16

Hi folks
Here are some pics 2 weeks post op 2nd session .Really happy with the healing so far. Please bear in mind that i am very fair skinned . I know it's less grafts than the 1st session but I think the new lotion the clinic supplied really helps with the redness.It has a nice cooling effect . Good stuff guys. Thanks Maralklinik

2 months post 2nd op :2600 grafts

Hi Just a quick update. Healing went well and hair from the 1st proceedure is coming back pretty quickly .its patchy though and I'm sure this is the shockloss from the 2nd op which is normal. Looking forward to the 3rd or 4th month.The crown has healed up and isn't itchy. I've had some shockloss in the crown also. May have to wait a good few moths for this to fill in. I got 1800 grafts in the Crown area and 800 for added density to the front/top. A few people have been asking about my donor area. I've now had 2 procedures totalling 7500 grafts and im delighted how the donor area has come back after such invasion. So here I am 2 months post 2nd op. Looking forward to the rest of the year and it all filling in. Thanks again to all at Maralklinik Istanbul

4 months post 2nd op

Hi
Just a quick update. At 4 months post 2nd op now .All is good and the new grafts are starting to push through. Getting stubble at scalp level every week or so. Had a few spots for a few weeks at 3 months but they seem to have passed now. All part of the process but they can be sore.I'd say it will be another few months before the crown picks up as they say crown takes longest to come through.I was a little unsure about getting the 2nd op purely because I didn't want to go back to the scabs and healing stage. Glad to be at 4 months now and I found the 2nd op easier. Hair from1st session quickly covered the redness and I was back to normal after about 7 weeks.I've attached a few pics and 1 pic of pre 1st op to show progress. Cheers D

6 months post 2nd op

Hi
Just a quick update and some pics for 6 months 2nd session for crown. I'm happy enough and things are moving along.I was holding off looking at my crown but I've just looked at the pictures the wife took and I think it has definitely improved there. I've put some pictures up which are clean hair and no products. I'm feeling stubble at scalp level every week or so. Lads some of the new hair is quite wirey like body hair but I'm hoping with time and a healthy diet this will improve. No more spots have appeared over the last 2 months which is great. Tks for looking hope this post is of help. D
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

An absolute professional. Very easy to communicate with.